RE Classes - Grades 1-8
Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6
Each of our volunteer teachers takes care, time and preparation for their classroom.
Our goal is to support parents in their desire to instill knowledge of Jesus Christ in the mind and in the heart of each child.
- All 8 grade levels meet on Wednesday Nights from 6-7pm at the Parish Center
- Once a month there is Mass at 7pm, the classes take turns helping with the liturgy
- During Lent there is typically Stations of the Cross at 7pm for the youth to attend
- Reconciliation is offered during Advent and Lent each year
- Grade 2 prepares students for the Sacraments of Reconciliation and the Eucharist
- Grades 7 & 8 prepares youth for the Sacrament of Confirmation
- Registrations and information can be obtained by contacting the coordinator
YDisciple Groups - Grades 9-12
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11
YDisciple is not a program, but rather it is an apprenticeship in the Christian life. YDisciple aims to:
· Connect adolescents with caring, faith-filled adults who can apprentice them in the disciplines of a disciple
· Draw adolescents out of a peer-dominated paradigm and calls them to maturity through relationships with adults
· Catechize in a small group setting where testimony, discussion, and faith sharing can take place
· Support parents with resources to grow in their own faith and share their faith with their teenager
· Provide quality content so that the adult leaders can effectively introduce topics of the faith through a user-friendly online platform
What role do parents play in YDisciple?
Parents play the most important role in the spiritual formation of their children. They have the most time with their teens and therefore the most opportunities to discuss the faith and how it applies to their lives. A powerful engine for personal conversion for teens is when they see their parents admit their weaknesses, express their need for God’s mercy, and witness their efforts to grow in grace. This is why YDisciple provides resources for parents to grow and discuss matters of the faith with their teen. It is true that teenagers are in a developmental phase of becoming their own person and therefore they often question their parents' beliefs and values. This is why other adult mentors in the lives of their teens are a great help to parents. However, a parent’s love and encouragement is what makes all the difference.
An intelligent heart acquires knowledge, and the ear of the wise seeks knowledge. Proverbs 18:15