A guidance counsellor is a trained professional who offers both career and short-term personal counselling to students on a voluntary basis. If a student requires long-term counselling or another type of counselling setting, a referral for outside professional assistance can be provided.
Some issues/topics students may want to discuss with a guidance counsellor include:
- Family difficulties.
- Feelings of stress, anxiety, and/or depression.
- Bullying (Physical, Verbal, Social, and Cyber).
- Post-secondary pathway (CEGEP, grade 12, university, indecision about career path, etc.).
All communication with a guidance counsellor is strictly confidential. For ongoing counselling with students under 14 years of age, parental consent will be required.
High School Guidance Counsellor- Jacqueline Lemieux, M.A., c.o.
Availability: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 0800-1600.
To request an appointment:
- Drop by my office (Room 403).
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (514) 937-9289 ext.226