Welcome to winter and January 2019! Here are some reminders:
- Monday, January 14- Pizza lunch!
- Friday, January 18- No school for students- Faculty meeting.
- Monday, January 21- Martin Luther King Day- No school!
- Saturday, January 19- Home and School Pancake breakfast at Applebee's on Street Rd.
- Parents: This month the children will begin to work on a homework packet and a Book-in-a-bag at the beginning of each week. The homework packet will contain worksheets that will reinforce what we have learned during the week. The Book-in-a-bag will contain a book for the students to read (independently or with your assistance) and a Literacy response paper to be completed. All materials will be returned on Friday.
- Beginning on Friday, Jan 11 and every Friday thereafter, the children will have what we call "Sharing" in class. This is similar to Show and Tell. Your child can bring in something from home that they would like to show and tell about to the class. If they forget to bring in an item that may share their voices by singing a song or telling a riddle.
- Pizza Days: They are on Mondays; Jan 14, Jan 28, Feb, 11, Feb. 25, March 11, March 25, April 8 and May 13. It is $1.00 a slice. Students can buy up to 3 slices of pizza. There is no drink supplied. It you do not want your child to get pizza, please pack them a lunch that day.
- If your child brought home a green communication envelope, please return the envelope as soon as possible.
- Please feel free to email me with any updates or concerns that you might have in reference to your child.
Math- Beginning Subtraction- Math workbook pages 113-116.
Religion - Jesus grows up in Nazareth.
ELA - Consonant "B b"- Bring in pictures beginning with B. High Frequency words- are, now.
Students have taken out library books. Please read them with your child and return them to their bookbag so that they do not misplace them. We will be going to the library on Tuesday, January 22.