Welcome to Room 21
Welcome to the 2018 - 2019 school year in second grade. The children are off to a great start and have adjusted nicely.
Here are some of the topics we have covered in September and October:
- Religion - Sacrament of Baptism and introduction to the Sacrament of Penance with beginning a discussion of the ten commandments.
- Math - Addition and subtraction facts up to 20; skip-counting and arrays
- ELA - Stories in the genres of realistic fiction, humorous fiction, and informational text
Types of sentences and nouns
As we move into November...
Continue to practice the Form for Confession
Review reading vocabulary words every week
Continue to work on memorizing math facts. This is very important as we move into regrouping.
- Children's homework needs to be signed every night.
- Book Fair begins November 4th. Our class will go to the Book Fair on their regular library day (Friday).
- Try to work on First in Math. This is a great way to reinforce math skills.