Mrs. Terese Maligranda's
Second Grade Class
Announcements Week of December 16, 2018
We have another busy week ahead!
We are preparing to host the Christmas Mass, which will be celebrated on December 21 at 8:30 a.m. Formal school uniform is required for this beautiful occasion. Students should arrive to school no later than 7:30 a.m.
Religion- We continue to prepare for First Reconciliation.
Chapter 11 test is on Thursday.
- Sin separates us from God and from one another.
- The Sacrament of Penance and Reconciliation celebrates God's forgiveness of our sins.
- Through the celebration of this sacrament, we experience God's mercy and peace.
- Our conscience is a gift from God that helps us to know right from wrong.
- We can examine our conscience when we think about the Ten Commandments and the ways we have and have not followed them.
- Another word for sorrow is contrition.
- The Act of Contrition is a special prayer of sorrow.
Math-We review concepts taught to date.
Reading-We began a new theme of realistic fiction. The new spelling and vocabulary words have been posted. We review proper and common nouns. See the ELA study guide page on this website. We will write a summary of Sled Dogs Run.
Social Studies and Science-We continue to learn about land forms and Earth Science. We will use our knowledge to create a picture book, too.
I wish you and your families a Blessed Christmas and a very Happy New Year!
- Second Grade Hosts the Christmas Mass 8:30 a.m. December 21. Early dismissal to follow.
- Classes resume January 3, 2019.
- Mini-Retreat January 3, 2019 at 6:30 p.m. in the church.
- Sacrament of Penance and Reconciliation January
- Dress Down Days: January 17, 2019, March 21, 2019, May 23, 2019 and a date TBD.