Mrs. Terese Maligranda's
Second Grade Class
Announcements Week of September 24, 2018
It was a pleasure to meet you at Back to School night.
The Sacramental Prep meeting is on Monday, September 24 at 7:00 p.m. in the cafeteria. This meeting is for at least one parent of each child who will be receiving his or her Sacrament of Reconciliation and Sacrament of First Holy Communion this year. It is not necessary for the children to attend this meeting. If your child will not be receiving the sacraments, please let me know in writing. Thank you.
In Religion, we begin Chapter 3, We Celebrate God's Love. Some important concepts are:
- We become members of the Church when we are baptized.
- We celebrate God's love when we worship and pray.
- The Church celebrates with seven special signs called sacraments.
- Sacraments are special signs given to us by Jesus.
- Jesus is present in the sacraments.
- The sacrament of the Body and Blood of Christ is called the Eucharist.
We will complete Math Chapter 1, Number Concepts. The test will be on Thursday.
In Reading/ELA, we will complete our theme of the meaning of friendship and how friends help one another. The test is on Wednesday. We are reviewing that all sentences begin with a capital letter, end in a period or other punctuation mark, and express a complete thought.
We also learn that we usually add an -s to make a noun plural, but words that end in -x, -ch, -sh, -ss, or -z, need -es to make the noun plural.
We learn to add -ed to most verbs to make them past tense.
Our new theme will explore: How are families around the world the same and different? New vocabulary and spelling words are posted. We will identify exclamatory sentences and commands. We will identify and make rhymes. Our comprehension skill is to identify the characters, settings, and events of a story.
In Social Studies we will read and write about Johnny Appleseed.
Wear the gym uniform and sneakers on Tuesday.
I am looking forward to a wonderful week!
- September 24 Sacramental Prep Meeting 7:00 p.m. in the cafeteria
- September 26 Virtus Training offered at 6:00 p.m.
- September 28 No School Teacher Spirituality Day
- October 1 Magazine Drive Turn-In Day