Emergency School Closure Information
Emergency school closure information for parents 2015-16
The details below give information about our emergency closure procedures for the Winter months. However, we will endeavour to keep the school open when it is safe to do so.
The school may be closed for children at short notice due to a number of circumstances, for example:-
- Problems due to inclement weather
- Problems with heating or electricity
- Problems due to water leaks
Closure before school starts
A decision to close the school will generally be made by 7.45am. It is important that as few people as possible are phoning the school between 7.45am and 8.30am so that staff are able to provide vital information. Please wait to be contacted by a school representative. Provided we have an up to date email addresses, we will email all parents at the same. We would ask that you acknowledge receipt of the email.
Information will also be posted on the Home Page of the school website and broadcast on BBC Radio Cornwall. If we do not email you and there is no announcement on the school website or BBC Radio Cornwall please assume the school is open.
The above procedures will continue for each day the school remains closed.
There are occasions where sufficient staff are able to get to school to enable us to open, but parents are unsure about getting their child/children to school due to road conditions. On these occasions, parents must make their own decision as to whether it is safe to bring their child/children to school. Resulting absences will be recorded as ‘authorised’.
Closure during the school day
The school will only close if the situation is severe. Parents who are concerned about local conditions are welcome to collect their children early.
If we do have to close we will do so by the following routes:-
- Parents who have registered an email address will be contacted by email. Please reply to the email so that we can follow up with telephone calls to those who have not responded.
- If we cannot contact you, the children will remain in school with staff until they are collected.
- It is important that parents do not keep telephoning the school office as this prevents us from making arrangements to send the children home.