Our EYFS: Nursery & Reception
Our Early Years Foundation Stage department boasts an extensive outside learning environment including access to a natural eco environment; including vegetable plots and wildlife habitats. There is a wide range of equipment, including a climbing frame with slide and lots of very robust trikes. There are many opportunities for exploration and investigation. Inside, the children have access to an extensive selection of high quality early learning materials.
The EYFS department have embraced the beautiful children's books written by Beatrix Potter. We have named the classes Jemima Puddle-Duck, Benjamin Bunny and Squirrel Nutkin.
Our Nursery is situated within the main school building. We have the advantage of being involved within the school community, whilst maintaining our own identity.
We have two Reception classes here at St Martin's C of E Primary School. We aim to provide a stimulating and exciting learning environment for our youngest learners.
In our most recent Ofsted inspection, the inspectors rated our EYFS provision as GOOD
(2–3 November 2016 )
We aim to:
• Provide high quality care and education for children below statutory school age.
• Work in partnership with parents to help children learn and develop.
• Add to the life and well being of the school and wider community, building upon our close relationship with the Parish Church.
• Foster the philosophy of the school’s inclusive learning environments and use of the School’s ‘Golden Rules’ and ‘Learning Ladybird’, to ensure we develop an understanding of what we are learning and why!
•Offer children and their parents a service that promotes equality and values diversity.
• Develop an understanding of the Christian faith and values.
Important Documents & Information
Click on the links below to find out more!