Our EYFS: Nursery & Reception
Our Nursery is situated within the main school building. We have the advantage of being involved within the school community, whilst maintaining our own identity.
Our Nursery boasts an extensive outside learning environment including access to a natural eco environment; including vegetable plots and wildlife habitats. There is a wide range of equipment, including a climbing frame with slide and lots of very robust trikes. There are many opportunities for exploration and investigation. Inside, the children have access to an extensive selection of high quality early learning materials.
We aim to:
• Provide high quality care and education for children below statutory school age.
• Work in partnership with parents to help children learn and develop.
• Add to the life and well being of the school and wider community, building upon our close relationship with the Parish Church.
• Foster the philosophy of the school’s inclusive learning environments and use of the School’s ‘Golden Rules’ and ‘Learning Ladybird’, to ensure we develop an understanding of what we are learning and why!
•Offer children and their parents a service that promotes equality and values diversity.
• Develop an understanding of the Christian faith and values.
Working alongside our Nursery children are:
Miss Ruth Miller -Nursery Teacher
Mrs Niki Hugh- Nursery Nurse
Miss Emily Collins- Teaching Assistant
Mrs Julie Beach- Head of School
Mrs Julie Simpson- Principal St. Barnabas Multi-Academy Trust
Mrs Teresa Copping- EYFS Board of Directors