GOVERNOR'S AWARD FOR WORKSITE WELLNESS
Annually, the Governor’s Council partners with Health Links™ to select the finalist and winner of the Governor's Award for Worksite Wellness. This award is given to one organization that is leading the way in creating a culture that supports employee health, safety, and well-being. Nominees for this award are selected based on their scores on Health Links’ Healthy Workplace Assessment and reviewed by the Governor's Council.
How to Apply
- Enroll in Health Links
- Complete the Healthy Workplace Assessment™ by March 31
The winner will be announced on August 15 at Health Links’ annual event, Celebrating Colorado’s Healthiest Places to Work.
About Health Links
Health Links™ is a mentoring program that champions health and safety at work. They offer evidence-based Healthy Workplace Certification™ and advising to help organizations and their team members achieve Total Worker Health®. As a nonprofit based in the Center for Health, Work & Environment at the Colorado School of Public Health, their deep experience as researchers and industry trailblazers informs everything they do.
Completing their Healthy Workplace Assessment is the first step toward becoming a Certified Healthy Workplace™ and promoting Total Worker Health throughout your organization. The Assessment helps you measure your organization’s progress based on six benchmarks:
- Organizational support: How well do your leaders support team members’ health and safety and what resources are dedicated to promoting health and safety?
- Workplace assessments: What types of activities does your organization complete to understand team members’ needs and interests in terms of health and safety?
- Health programs and policies: What types of programs and policies does your organization have in place to support and encourage health and well-being?
- Safety programs and policies: What types of programs and policies does your organization have in place to promote workplace safety?
- Engagement: To what degree are team members aware of and engaged in health and safety practices at your organization?
Evaluation: What steps does your organization take to measure the impact of health and safety initiatives?