New Belgium Brewing Company, makers of Fat Tire Amber Ale and a host of Belgian-inspired beers, is the third largest craft brewer in the country.
Responsible Energy and Greenhouse Gas Reduction
- Renewable energy source - On-site solar and biogas.
- Reduced GHG emissions by 50%.
Waste Minimization & Diversion
- Diverted 99.9% of waste from landfill.
Water Conservation & Quality
- Water use per barrel 4.27:1 - a 20% water efficiency improvement.
Corporate Social Responsibility
- Provide consulting and advising each year to peer businesses and organizations regarding sustainability practices.
- Provide grant programs: Large Grant Program focuses on three cause areas of Climate Change; Land + Water; and Social Equity; the small grant focus area - Bicycle Advocacy.
- The Beer Scouts are an interdepartmental group of coworkers who sponsor volunteer events for coworkers and community members as a means to give back and inspire positive change.
- Business for Innovative Climate and Energy Policy; Glass Recycling Coalition; Conservation Colorado; Natural Resources Defense Council; American Sustainable Business Council; Brewers Association; Brewers for Clean Water; Norther Carolina Brewers Guild; Hop Quality Group; Beverage Industry Environmental Roundtable; Colorado Brewers Guild.
- In Kind Donations.