As the first certified organic, 4th-generation orchard in the Rocky Mountain West, Ela Family Farms hangs our hat on Sustainability. Growing fruit with outstanding taste and quality, plus growing outstanding relationships with individual customers and communities sets us apart. Starting with exceptional flavor and with choices which matter we strive to educate and inspire. Combining over 100 years’ experience growing fruit in Colorado WITH over 60 varieties of fruit picked at their peaks of flavor, we bring pleasure back to your table. From fresh “Oh My God” delicious peaches to sweet, succulent pears, and crisp, full-of-flavor apples we connect ethically grown food from our farm directly to Colorado-local real people.
Responsible Energy & Greenhouse Gas Reduction
- Renewable energy source - solar array system.
- Reduce grid-generated electricity use.
- Building soil fertility through regenerative soil building practices.
- Improving air quality and land conservation through no-till orchard practices.
Waste Minimization & Diversion
- Elimination of synthetic chemicals and antibiotic use on crops.
- Achieved zero food waste goal.
Water Conservation & Quality
- High efficiency irrigation systems (drip and microsprinkler) in use, in addition to water conservation this process also helps land conservation erosion control.
Corporate Social Responsibility
- Donations - Pickin' in the Park; The Nature Connection; the Denver Waldorf School and North Fork Community Montessori schools fundraisers; and local Hospice..
- Donations and participation at Lakewood Heritage Center Cider Days; Denver Slow Food Youth Farmers Markets; South High School Food Bank; Gunnison Student Organics Guild.
- Orchard land conserved as green space for future generations with the Colorado West Land Trust.