Time and Leave Guidance
- SCHEDULE WORK HOURS
- CONSIDER, APPROVE AND DOCUMENT FLEX SCHEDULES
- MONITOR OVERTIME FOR NON- EXEMPT EMPLOYEES
- MONITOR AND APPROVE TIME, LEAVE AND HOLIDAYS
- All full-time regular employees work a minimum of 40 hours during a standard work week starting Saturday at 12:01 a.m.
- Law enforcement employees with FLSA 7k exemption must work 160 hours within the established 28 day work period.
- Overtime is the time a non-exempt employee works in excess of the 40 hours during a standard workweek or in excess of 160 hours in 28 days for FLSA 7k employees.
- OT is paid in dollars or compensatory time at 1 ½ times the OT hours worked.
- Exempt employees do not earn overtime compensation.
- Time worked should be recorded daily in the CDPS timekeeping system.
- Leave and holidays must be requested and approved in the CDPS timekeeping system.
- Supervisor must approve time worked and leave within 5 days after the close of the pay period for regular employees and within 5 days after the close of the work period for FLSA 7k employees.
Permanent full-time employees on the payroll when the holiday is observed are granted eight hours of paid holiday leave (prorated for part-time work or unpaid leave in the month) to observe each legal holiday designated by law, the Governor, or the President.
Employees who must work on the observed holiday, or employees whose regularly scheduled day off falls on the observed holiday, will use an alternate holiday within the fiscal year. Best practice: use the alternate holiday within one week after the holiday or within the 28 day work period for 7k employees.
All full time employees are granted 6 hours and 40 minutes of sick leave per month. Employees are granted annual leave hours per month based on time in state service.
All employees with one year of total state service are entitled to unpaid Family Medical Leave for their own serious health condition or that of a family member. Contact Human Resources for assistance.
Flexible Work Arrangements
Employees are eligible for flextime and flexplace arrangements depending upon type of work, work history, and supervisor approval. Policy can be found here.
- KRONOS Supervision or Schedule Change Form
- Kronos Timekeeper Guidance- How to adjust or remove leave that has been approved
- Kronos Timekeeper Process to move OT paid Monthly to OT Comp Earned and Vice Versa revised
- Supervisor Kronos Timekeeper Task Guide - addressing exceptions, leave requests and other actions typically performed by a supervisor
- Kronos Telestaff Guidance - Approving or Denying Request
- Kronos Telestaff Guidance- Updating Employee Assignment Information
- Kronos Telestaff Guidance- Changing an employees assignment multiple days at a time
- Kronos Telestaff Guidance - Deploying a Special Event
- Kronos Telestaff Guidance- Editing an Employees Working Hours
Used by CBI InstaCheck and Identification Units only
- Kronos Telestaff Guidance- Managing a Bid
- Kronost Telestaff Guidance- Moving an Employee on the Roster
- Kronos Telestaff Guidance- Rotation-How to Build
- Kronos Telestaff Guidance- Run a Exceptions Report
- Kronos Telestaff Guidance- Run a Payroll Export
- Kronos Telestaff Guidance-Run a Personal History Report
End of Fiscal Year Kronos Timekeeper Video Tutorials-for Supervisors
Due to a high volume of inquiries, we have developed these video tutorials to help you navigate end of the fiscal year leave balances projections for your employees. These videos don't have the sound, but provide step by step system navigation demo.