Steps for filling a position:
- DRAFT/REVISE POSITION DESCRIPTION
- OBTAIN APPOINTING AUTHORITY AND BUDGET APPROVAL
- CONTACT HR FOR HIRING, PROMOTION, REALLOCATION SERVICES
- ONBOARDING - Give your new employees the best start to a rewarding and successful job assignment making onboarding a priority.
Once you have approval to proceed from your appointing authority and budget manager, your Human Resources Specialist will guide you through the hiring process, including:
- Submitting the requisition to fill in NeoGov (NeoGov OHC guide);
- Finalizing the PD;
- Determining the required and preferred qualifications;
- Developing the recruitment plan including comparative analysis steps and timelines;
- Establishing salary;
- Drafting the job announcement;
- Preparing for Onboarding.
When the top candidates are identified and are referred to you, your HR specialist will assist you with:
- Developing interview questions or post referral comparative analysis;
- Conducting the interview;
- Choosing the candidate for conditional hire;
- Providing the conditional job offer;
- Completing the pre-employment process;
- Providing the final job offer.
After the candidate accepts the position, you will: