Pre K 4
The children had a fantastic first full week of school! They did a wonderful job getting into the daily routine of our classroom. They loved going to Computer Class on Tuesday, Library and Gym Classes on Thursday, and Italian Class on Friday. They also did a great job practicing for a Fire Drill.
I want to thank all of you, parents, for filling out all of the several papers I sent home on the first few days of school, along with sending in all of the supplies and clothing returned this week. Mrs. Susan and I truly appreciate all of your help and support on these organizational matters.
This week in Religion Class, we reviewed The Sign of The Cross as well as the Our Father, Hail Mary, Angel of God and Grace Before Meals. We also pray the Hail Mary in Italian every day at the end of the day. We also discussed how we are a community of friends and belong to a group.
In Math, we reviewed the following colors: red, blue, green and yellow.
This week, I introduced the children to their Handwriting Book. We will keep this book in school and work in it daily. This week we worked on the following handwriting strokes: Short Straight Line, Long Straight Line, Short Horizontal Line, Long Horizontal Line. Children learned to "Go on green and stop on red." The children also practiced writing their names. This is a skill we will be focusing strongly on in the next few weeks. It would be great if you could practice with them at home. If you should need the special lined paper we use in school please let me know and I will send some home. Thank you so much!
Our first theme in our CLI (Children's Literacy Initative) Reading Series is: Theme One: Back to School. This theme focuses on an appreciation for a joy of reading, book handling, daily routines and schedules, body parts, action words, the five senses, vehicles, colors and shapes, choral reading, ordinal numbers, environmental print and rhyming words. The Sight Words for Theme One are: I, we, can, the, is. Please review these sight words with your child regularly.
This week in CLI we read stories that enhanced students' love for a joy of reading along with things we can do "all by ourselves." We discussed daily routines and made a chart of things that the students can do all by themselves in the morning when getting ready for school. We also discussed speech bubbles, punctuation marks, and identified several different letters in our daily message.
Here are some reminders of next week, the week of September 17, 2018:
- There will be a Home and School Meeting Tuesday, September 18, 2018 at 7 PM in the School Hall.
- Pretzel Money is due on Friday - $2.50 for 5 days next week.
- All Decorated Journals are due back on Monday, September 24, 2018. Thank you.
- I ask that you send your child to school everyday with a backpack, lunchbox, a morning snack and drink, a cold lunch and a drink for lunch, as well as their folder. Thank you!
- If you have not returned your child's change of clothes or art shirt yet, please do so as soon as possible. Thank you.
- The Hot Lunch Program will be on Monday, September 24, 2018.
- I ask that you return all monies in an envelope with your child's name and grade on it. Also, please put all monies for different things; ex: pretzel money, lunch money, in separate envelopes. Thank you!
- I always post our Weekly Homework Sheet on my website on the top left toggle bar under"Weekly Homework Assignments." Also, I have posted our class list in the "Pre K 4 Class List" Page on the top left toggle bar on my website page as many parents ask for a class list for birthdays, cards, holidays, etc., so it is there for you convenience:)
If you should have any questions, concerns, or need to reach me at any time with questions please to not hesitate to send me email at email@example.com or you can refer to my policies and procedures page.
Take Care and God Bless You!!