Stanmore Bay School
Home Learning Term 3, 2018
Click on the home button in the top right hand corner for reading, spelling, writing and maths home learning ideas.
Balancing after school activities, play dates, appointments, independent play, chores, screen time, conversations, work, food, homework, reading, dreaming...?
We don't want home learning to be stressful for anyone. To reduce some of the pressure, you might like to try one of our Whānau Challenges instead. Think about how to report back to your teacher and your class in a fun and interesting way on some of the challenges you take on.
1. Learn a magic trick - perform it for your class (or film it and send it in)
2. Take responsibility for looking after your family pet
3. Learn how to origami. See this Link for some ideas to get you started.
4. Learn how to draw a maze. Click here to see a video tutorial.
5. Make your own play dough. See here for an easy recipe.
6. Construct a marble run. Have a look here for some awesome ideas.
7. Do a science experiment. Get some Ideas here.
8. Clean out your room and donate toys and books you no longer need.
9. Visit Auckland Stardome to learn about our night sky.
10. Do some star gazing at home, can you find the 7 matariki stars? For more information click here
Stanmore Bay School is a Positive Behaviour for Learning school. In Term 2 we will be focusing on kindness. Below are some video links to get you inspired.