The mission of The Basu Lab is to improve the ability of public health and healthcare systems to prevent and treat chronic diseases worldwide.
We use methods from the fields of computer science, epidemiology, and statistics to evaluate public health programs, build more robust primary care systems, and target interventions to improve health outcomes, particularly for people with cardiovascular disease and type 2 diabetes mellitus.
Interested in joining us?
What we look for:
• Experience with R, Python, Scala, Julia, or Ruby
• Experience with SQL relational databases as well as big data: the Hadoop ecosystem, Hive, Spark, Presto, Vertica, Greenplum, etc
• Experience with machine learning and computational statistics packages (sci-kit learn, nltk, statsmodels, networkx, gephi, arules, glmnet, bigrf, caret, igraph, MLLib, GraphX, MADlib, Weka, h2o, etc)
• Experience with visualization tools (seaborn, d3, plotly, bokeh, ggplot2, rCharts, networkD3, Shiny, Tableau, CartoDB, etc)
• Frequent user of cloud computing platforms, particularly Google Cloud Platform including the Cloud Healthcare API
• Experience with web application frameworks (Shiny, Flask, Tkinter, Ruby on Rails, Pyramid, Django, etc)
• Familiarity with healthcare data standards (FHIR, HL7v2, DICOM, OHDSI/OMOP CDM)