Are you ready to do your own digital break out project with your class? Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Pick a subject.
- Find an existing digital breakout you can have your students explore to see how they work. Check out these examples in the sandbox.
- Divide students into teams of 2-3.
- Update planning template as needed.
- Note: If your students have access to google apps, they can do the following, otherwise, you will need to set this up for them.
- Share your version of the planning template with students to make their own copy. If your students don't have access to google docs, you can set up a planning doc for each team with share setting set to "Anyone with a link can edit" and then share that link with student team. See example here.
- Create a google form to code your locks. Check out this tutorial to see how this is done.
- Don’t forget to update the ending for your breakout in the form. Select Settings -> Presentation -> copy ending into Confirmation message.
- Create a google site to share digital breakout. Check out this tutorial if you are new to google sites.
- Insert Text box and copy story in.
- Create hyperlinks for web-based clues in story.
- Scroll down to Forms and insert your google form.
- Publish your site & test!