Welcome to St. Louis Preschool Website!
Our Program Overview
Our preschool program at St. Louis School combines creative play and exploration, age-appropriate educational instruction, and Catholic teachings to provide a truly unique and wonderful experience for children in the transitional stage between toddlerhood and kindergarten.
We provide our program in a loving, well-organized, clearly defined environment that fosters the development of independence and decision-making skills and encourages initiative and hands-on involvement. Using the St. Louis Catholic School facilities and resources, we maximize our preschoolers’ experience and prepare them to make a successful transition into kindergarten.
St. Louis offers both morning and afternoon preschool classes. Below you will find details regarding program options and class times, and at the side of this page, you’ll find forms and other information pertinent to the preschool program.
Class Times Currently Available
Three-Day Pre-K Program
(for ages 4 and 5)
Children in the pre-K program meet on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Doors open at 7:45 a.m., and the morning class ends at 10:45 a.m. Afternoon classes are from 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Two-Day Preschool Program
(for ages 3 and 4)
Children in the program for younger preschoolers meet on Tuesday and Thursday. Morning classes are from 7:45 a.m. to 10:45 a.m. Afternoon classes are from 12:00 pm to 3:00 pm.
A Typical Preschool Day
While we do provide a structured and consistent learning schedule, we also remain flexible enough to allow for spontaneous learning moments. As events in our day unfold naturally, we shift focus to include them in our curriculum.
The following is an outline of a typical preschool day:
- Convenient, safe drop-off
- Morning prayer, Pledge of Allegiance, kindness pledge, and an introduction to the day’s activities
- Community time, alphabet, numbers, weather, calendar, show-and-tell, music and dance, arts and crafts, sharing time, and Bible story
- Outdoor/gross motor activity
- Nutritious snacks with story time
- Learning centers (these continually change and evolve to coincide with developmental stages)
- One-on-one time with both full-time teachers
- Convenient, safe pick-up