SSSD 2019 Bond-Funded Projects
Learn how Steamboat Springs School District is preparing to serve its students in facilities and spaces that enhance learning.
On November 5, 2019, Steamboat Springs voters approved Measure 4C, a $79.5 million, 20-year bond measure to fund investments in all existing SSSD schools and a new PK–8 school in the Steamboat II neighborhood.
The 2019 bond is moving Steamboat Springs School District toward permanent solutions for facilities and programs that will allow us to preserve our community’s commitment to exceptional education.
2019 bond-funding will...
- Add a 9,000 square foot addition to Steamboat Springs High School
- Move students and their teachers out of exterior modular trailers and back into their building at Soda Creek Elementary School
- Maintain small class sizes K-12
- Expand contemporary program environments for multisensory and interactive learning
- Alleviate capacity now and build for the future with a new 490-capacity school for students in preschool–grade 8 at Steamboat II
- Bring preschool back into the elementary schools
Upcoming PK-8 Community Meeting:
March 5, 2020 at 6:30PM at Steamboat Springs Community Center, 1597 Lincoln Ave. (West Room)
Download the promotional flier for this event
PK-8 Construction Outreach Meeting:
FCI Constructors is holding an informational meeting on February 27th, 2020 for local contractors and businesses interested in participating in the construction of the new PK-8 School. Members of the FCI Constructors Team will be available to discuss opportunities and answer questions. Read more