This is a curriculum project involving educators and students across multiple grades in all three divisions of the school. This project challenges traditional school structures, such as space, time, student grouping, direction of learning, and assessment of learning. This experience engages learners (students and educators) in short-term open-ended inquiry projects. This project may be viewed as a week-long incubator of innovative teaching and learning.
The purposes of PROJECT X include:
- For all learners (students and educators):
- Develop inquiry within our lives
- Promote a sense of community through heterogeneous collaboration by temporarily removing common collaboration boundaries (age, division, department, schedule, rooms, curriculum)
- For students:
- Promote critical thinking, self-management, collaboration, leadership
- For educators:
- Promote understanding of inquiry by analyzing changing roles of students and educators in the open-inquiry experience.