Mrs. Sarah Johnson
Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP)
Welcome to Stewartville Middle & High School Speech & Language!
Mrs. Sarah Johnson (formerly Sarah Mans) is the speech-language pathologist at Stewartville Middle and High School. She has been working for Stewartville Public Schools since fall 2014. She previously worked at Bonner elementary school.
Sarah is a native of Blooming Prairie, MN (yes, an Awesome Blossom!). She has her bachelor's degree in Speech-Language Hearing Sciences from the University of Minnesota (Go Gophers!) and her master's degree in Communicative Disorders from the University of Wisconsin-River Falls. She a proud ASHA certificate holder (CCC-SLP) and ASHA member. She resides in Stewartville with her husband, Josh, and their Miniature Poodle/Miniature Pinscher mix dog, Leia. In her free time, Sarah enjoys running, hiking, and staying active. She is a huge Minnesota Gophers and Minnesota Lynx fan.
Each student on my caseload has an Individualized Education Program (IEP). Please refer to your child's individual schedule and specific classroom teacher web pages for further information.
Areas of Speech and Language:
- Articulation: How speech sounds are produced.
- Phonology: How sounds are organized into classes and the rules/patterns that govern production.
- Receptive Language: How we comprehend language and language concepts in a variety of areas: semantics (vocabulary), syntax (grammar), pragmatics (social skills), and morphology (word order). Listening and Auditory Processing (how language is processed) is also included in Receptive Language (example: following multi-step directions).
- Expressive Language: How we use language to express ideas, feelings, and needs in a variety of areas: semantics (vocabulary), syntax (grammar), pragmatics (social skills), and morphology (word order).
- Fluency: How fluently, or smoothly, we speak.
Sarah can be reached during regular school hours (7:30 am-3:30 pm).
She is easiest to reach via email (anytime) or by phone from 7:30-7:55 am or 3:00-3:30 pm
Email address: email@example.com
Stewartville Middle & High School Address:
440 6th Ave. SW
Stewartville, MN 55976