¡Bienvenidos a la clase de español!
¡Hola! I'm Jenna Berglund and this year I will be teaching Spanish I and Spanish 4. This is my third year teaching at Stewartville. I previously taught social studies in the middle school. I am a graduate of Concordia College, where I studied Spanish and Psychology. In 2016 I graduated from the University of St. Thomas with a masters degree in secondary education preparation. ¡Que tengas un buen año escolar!
Hour 1 Spanish 1
Hour 2 Spanish 1
Hour 4 Spanish 1
Hour 5 GPS/PREP
Hour 7 Spanish 4
Hour 8 Spanish 1
Student Supplies At all times, students should have:
- LAPTOP-- It should be CHARGED. Students can also have their charger, but outlets are limited. We have electronic textbooks, so this is essential for student success.
- The ability to RECORD on their device (internal or external microphone).
- NOTEBOOK, PEN/PENCIL, FOLDER
Behavior Expectations Students will:
- Respect the people in the classroom and their property
- Come to class with the necessary supplies
- Complete homework on time
- Be in class on time
- Follow the rules of the student handbook. Consequences for violating these expectations include: Warnings, student/teacher conferences, phone calls or e-mails to parents, detention with the teacher, and formal discipline referrals.
- Do one’s own work. Copying homework, getting answers from another, using a translator, and other forms of cheating will result in 0’s for the work that is not your own.
Grading Grades are weighted in the following way
- 10% Coursework (homework, minor projects, in class participation, etc)
- 90% Tests, Quizzes, and Major Projects
“Textbooks” Your student will NOT have an actual book to bring home. Our textbook is online and can be accessed anywhere internet is available. Students will be submitting the majority their homework electronically through a learning management system called ESTUDIO. I will NOT use Schoology.
How to succeed in Spanish...
The key to learning a foreign language is to memorize vocabulary. The best way to practice is with flashcards or to use the online practice activities. Students should practice their vocabulary for a minimum of 5 minutes each day, whether assigned or not. If students know the words, using them becomes very easy. I am available at 7:00 am each day and can stay later most days. Students are always welcome to come in and get one on one help.