Welcome goes here!
Ms. Nicole Amos is a native of Stewartville, Minnesota and has been with Stewartville Public Schools since 2018. She received both her Bachelor of Communication Disorders degree and Master of Communication Disorders degree from Minnesota State University, Mankato. She travels between the Central Education Center, Bonner Elementary School, and Bear Cave Intermediate School. Her primary location is Bonner Elementary school.
Bonner Address: 526 5th Ave. SE. Stewartville, MN 55976
Mondays: Central Education Center, 7:30-3:30
Tuesday-Thursday: Bonner Elementary School, 7:30-3:30
Friday: Bear Cave Intermediate School, 7:30-3:30
Areas of Speech and Language:
- Articulation: How speech sounds are produced.
- Phonology: How sounds are organized into classes and the rules/patterns that govern production.
- Receptive Language: How we comprehend language and language concepts in a variety of areas: semantics (vocabulary), syntax (grammar), pragmatics (social skills), and morphology (word order). Listening and Auditory Processing (how language is processed) is also included in Receptive Language (example: following multi-step directions).
- Expressive Language: How we use language to express ideas, feelings, and needs in a variety of areas: semantics (vocabulary), syntax (grammar), pragmatics (social skills), and morphology (word order).
- Fluency: How fluently, or smoothly, we speak.