SC and ST Cell
SC and ST Cell works for the following objectives and functions:
- To guide the SC/ST students for higher education and employment.
- It continuously monitors and evaluates the reservation policies and other programs intended for SC/ST for their effective implementation at College.
- Organize interactive sessions and informal Meetings with students to attend to their personal, social and academic problems.
- To circulate Government of India and Commissions decisions and to collect regularly, on an annual basis, information regarding course-wise admissions to candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes in the University for different courses, in forms prescribed, by a stipulated date, and to take follow up action, where required.
- To collect reports and information regarding the Government of India orders on the various aspects of education, training and employment of Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes candidates, for evolving new policies or modifying existing policy by the Commission.
- To analyze the information collected above and prepare reports and digests for onward transmission to the Ministry of Human Resource Development/University Grants Commission and such other authorities as may be required.
- To guide the SC/ST students on the special recruitment drives.
- To function as a Grievances Redressal Cell for the Grievances of SC/ST students and render them necessary help in solving their academic problems.