SCPS GApps For Education
Spotsylvania County Public Schools (SCPS) uses Google Apps for Education (GApps) for students and employees. This system, powered by Google, provides a suite of Google products such as Google Mail, Drive, Calendar and Classroom that enable us to better communicate, share, and collaborate.
The SCPS vision is to inspire and empower all students to become creative thinkers, problem solvers, and effective communicators. We will provide a broad spectrum of innovative opportunities while ensuring an engaging and supportive learning environment. GApps is a suite of tools that can help meet the goals of the school division’s mission and vision statements to ensure our students have the necessary career and college readiness skills.
What is included in Google Apps?
- Google Mail gives 30+ Gigabytes of email/drive storage.
- Google Calendar allows students to create and share school or class calendars and events.
- Google Drive allows students to upload, create and share documents, spreadsheets, presentations, drawings, and forms.
- Google Sites allows students to create and/or edit web sites created by others.
- Google Classroom allows teachers to post announcements and assignments for students.
What are the benefits of Google Apps?
- Through calendars and email, students stay informed about the latest assignments and activities.
- Anytime, anywhere access, from any device (smartphone, tablet, laptop, or desktop)
- Students have the ability to access their email, calendars, and documents from school or at home.
- Students’ documents are automatically saved and stored in Google Drive.
- Students are able to collaborate easily online.
- Teachers are able to provide comments and feedback directly within students’ documents.
- Students are able to develop an e-portfolio that will collect their work throughout their years within Spotsylvania County Public Schools.