Q: How do I get access to Spotify Analytics?
Please go to Spotify Analytics and click Log In in the top right-hand corner.
Q: How do I get access to Spotify for Artists?
Spotify for Artists provides artists and their managers with audience stats and tools for managing their profile on Spotify. If you’re an artist or manager, get access here.
Q: Is there a Spotify for Artists mobile app?
Q: How do you calculate Spotify charts?
The best place to see the latest Spotify Chart figures is at spotifycharts.com. These figures are generated using a formula that protects against any artificial inflation of chart positions.
Q: How do I get my music on Spotify playlists?
Please check out our comprehensive FAQ here.
Q: Who are Followers?
Followers are listeners who hit follow or ❤ on your artist profile.
Followers get your new music in their Release Radar playlist and in their personalized new release emails. They also hear about your upcoming concerts in our concert recommendation emails, on the homescreen of their Spotify app, and on their concerts page which features a list of upcoming concerts in their area.
You can encourage your fans on social media and other platforms to follow you on Spotify by directing them to your artist profile or by adding a follow button to your website.
Q: How do I get a Podcast on Spotify?
Sharing your podcast on Spotify gives you access to millions of Spotify listeners in 78 markets across desktop, Android, and iOS devices. If you host your podcast with one of our aggregator partners, you can easily submit your podcast to Spotify in minutes. Please follow the instructions below:
If you host with Acast, Art19, Cast Plus, Ausha, Zencast, you'll need to reach out to your aggregator for more information on how you can authorize Spotify as an additional distribution platform.
If you're not hosted with one of the aggregators listed above, but want to get your podcast on Spotify, check out Spotify for Podcasters!
Q: How do I remove music from Spotify?
To remove your music from Spotify, you’ll need to reach out to your distributor and have them issue a takedown request.
You can also fill out this form to let us know you want it removed.
Q: How does Spotify pay me?
For a quick breakdown on how Spotify pays you, check out our Game Plan video here.
Q: How do I find a Track, Album, Artist, Playlist or Username URI?
Track URIs begin with spotify:track:
Album URIs begin with spotify:album:
Artist URIs begin with spotify:artist:
Usernames & playlists also have URIs (spotify:username: and spotify:playlist: respectively)
Locating URIs in Spotify
- Search for the release name (track or album), artist, username, or playlist in the top Search bar
- Hover over the release to reveal the the ellipsis [...], or find the ellipsis [...] near the artist, username, or playlist
- Click the ellipsis [...]
- Click "Share"
- Click "URI"
Locating URIs in SCATMAN
- Search for the release name in the top Search bar
- Find the correct result, click on release name
- Select 'Tracks' tab from top menu
- Find your track, and copy the URI
Note: SCATMAN cannot be used to locate username or playlist URIs.
Q: How do I change or reset my password?
An elephant never forgets. For everyone else there's password reset.
Note: If you created your account with Facebook, you need to go to your Facebook settings to change or reset your password.
Change your password
- Log in to your account page.
- Click Change password in the menu on the left.
- Type your current password.
- Type your new password.
- Retype your new password in Repeat new password.
- Click SET NEW PASSWORD.
Reset your password
- Go to the password reset page.
- Enter your email address or Spotify username and click SEND.
- Check your email inbox for an email with the subject “Reset your password”.
- Click the link in the email.
- Type your new password.
- Retype your new password in Repeat new password and click SET PASSWORD.
Not receiving the password reset email?
- Check your junk/spam folders.
- Check you entered the correct username/email address for your Spotify account.
Reset link not working?
- Try the above steps again.
- From the email, open the password reset link in a different browser, or a private/incognito window.
Tip: For security, password reset links become invalid once used. If you don't succeed in resetting your password, resubmit the password reset page to get a new link.
Forget what email address is tied to your username?
Speak to Support here