Formosa Speech Recognition Challenge 2018
Formosa Speech Recognition Challenge 2018 (FSR-2018) is the first event of the Formosa Speech in the Wild (FSW) project, which is an official ISCSLP-2018 activity organized by Taipei University of Technology (NTUT).
Since the language habits of Taiwanese people are different from other Mandarin speakers (both accents and cultures). The current general-purpose automatic Mandarin speech recognition solutions are not suitable for supporting Taiwanese people’s daily life. In order to boost the development of Taiwan-specific speech recognition techniques. We are now calling for and welcome participants from both academic and industrial sectors to FSR-2018. Especially, students are encouraged to opt-in of being considered for the Student Award.
- Please help us to distribute this Call-for-Participants.
- Draft version of the challenge description paper for your reference: "Formosa Speech Recognition Challenge 2018- Data, Plan and Baselines"
- Real-Life/Multi-Gene/Spontaneous Taiwanese Mandarin Speech from broadcast radio show series
- Unique language habits in Taiwan (different accents and cultures)
- Build an automatic speech recognizer (ASR) that is suitable for recognizing Spontaneous Taiwanese Mandarin Speech (broadcast radio).
- This challenge is based on the "NER-Trs-Vol1" corpus selected from National Education Radio Archive.
- "NER-Trs-Vol1" is manually transcribed and consists 11 radio show series, in total about 126.6 hours (training set).
- This data is released under a license for Non-Commercial Use Only. Please read and accept the License.
- Here is some Audio/Transcription Samples for your reference.
- Baseline Scripts: Kaldi-based baseline recipes are provided in Github for new researchers/students to develop their systems easily and quickly (kaldi-asr:master pull request #2474).
Result/Award will be announced in ISCSLP 2018 (http://iscslp2018.org), Taipei, 26 Nov. 2018
- 2018/06/01 --- Registration Open, Training Data Release
- 2018/08/01 --- Pilot-Test (dry-run only) Data Release
- 2018/08/08 --- Pilot-Test (dry-run only) Result Submission
- 2018/08/15 --- Pilot-Test (dry-run only) Performance Notification
- 2018/11/01 --- Final-Test Data Release
- 2018/11/08 --- Final-Test Result Submission
- 2018/11/15 --- Final-Test Performance Notification
- 2018/11/20 --- Paper Submission
- 2018/11/26 --- Result/Award Announcement, Satellite Workshop of ISCSLP 2018
PS: Pilot-Test (dry-run) is only used to make sure everything for final-test is fine, not for scoring!!!