Correcting ink coverage Errors
1. Identity where the ink coverage error is coming from.
To do this, you can generate a Vizualiser Report in Specle.
Use Output Preview under Print Production in Acrobat.
Or click on Window > Output > Separations Preview in InDesign, then select Ink Limit from the dropdown and enter the ink coverage that matches your error message.
2. If it is an image that is causing the error, please open the image(s) with ink coverage errors in Photoshop. Click Edit > Convert to Profile, and set the Destination Space to sRGB.
3. Save as a PSD or JPEG and reinsert into your ad.
4. Then follow these instructions when exporting in InDesign to ensure that your ad is exported with the correct colour profile for the publication you are supplying to.
3. If it is a block colour that is causing the ink coverage error, please double click on the swatch in InDesign and change the CMYK colour values so that they are below the maximum ink coverage of the publication you are supplying to (this will be specified in your error message).