Registration Information for Spartanburg School District One
Tuesday, August 7, 2018
All Schools: 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
*Registration Make-up day will be August 9, 2018 from 7:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. (Elementary/Middle)
CHS and LHS will be open 8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING TO REGISTER MY CHILD?
NEW TO DISTRICT ONE?
- Birth Certificate (Hospital copies are not acceptable)
- Current Proof of Residence (Lease/rental agreement, deed, or real estate tax receipt showing name/address)
- South Carolina Certificate of Immunization **Pink cards cannot be accepted as the immunization certificate. The Health Department or your physician will transfer the information to the South Carolina form. The Immunization Certificate must be marked ‘School Ready’ for 5K and above. 4K can be marked ‘Daycare Ready’.
- Current Proof of Residence* (Lease/rental agreement, deed, or real estate tax receipt showing name/address)
* Only required if student is transitioning to 1st grade or a new school (i.e. intermediate, middle, high school)
(Note: The Health Department requires appointments. Please call two to three weeks ahead to ensure an appointment before registration. Spartanburg County Health Department: 864-596-3305)
WHERE DO I REGISTER MY CHILD FOR SCHOOL?
HOW OLD MUST MY CHILD BE TO REGISTER?
MINIMUM CLASS AGE REQUIREMENTS:
First Grade: 6 on or before September 1, 2018
Kindergarten: 5 on or before September 1, 2018
4 -year- old Kindergarten: 4 on or before September 1, 2018
SCHOOL SUPPLY LISTS
HOW CAN I PAY FOR MY CHILD'S LUNCH?
- You may pay for your child's meals by sending the money to his/her teacher or the front office and you may pay online HERE. Please take advantage of the options to prepay your student's meal accounts. Prepaid meal accounts help the lunch lines go faster and gives students more time to eat, relax, and play.
- Cash, checks or online payment at mypaymentsplus.com are the forms of payment for school lunches.
- The Cafeteria will send a statement of your child's account home when their account has a negative balance.
School Breakfast and Lunch menus may be found HERE.
Applying for Free and Reduced Price School Meals
District One Schools will mail each household an updated SCDE Application for Free and Reduced Price School Meals. Copies of the application are available online and at each school. The federal government requires that a new application be completed within the first 30 days of every school year. It is best that you do this at registration. Once the 30 day grace period has ended and there is no new application received, you will be charged full price for lunch meals. BREAKFAST IS FREE FOR ALL STUDENTS.
If you are earning at or below current Income Eligibility Guidelines, we encourage you to contact your school to fill out a school meal application. The school or local education agency will process your application and issue an eligibility determination.
If you are receiving Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits, your child automatically qualifies for free school meals if you complete an application indicating your SNAP Case Number. (Not card number).
Note: Once a bus request has been submitted, a bus driver will contact the parents/guardians to give an approximate pick up/drop off time and bus stop location. This process can take several days and contact from bus drivers may not be made until the week before the first day of school.
HOW CAN MY HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT OBTAIN A SCHOOL PARKING PASS?
Students must have the following documents to receive a school parking pass:
- Alive At 25 Certificate
- If you have not taken an Alive at 25 class, you may go to www.scaliveat25.com and register for the next available class. Click CLASSES tab, find a class that is convenient and enroll. There is a $35 enrollment fee.
- Vehicle registration
- Valid driver's license