Fraser Valley High School Swimming
Welcome to the Fraser Valley High School Swimming site.
Below find the info for the rescheduled Fraser Valley Swim Meet:
We are essentially restarting the meet where we left off on October 25th. The heat of 200 IMs which was in the water when the power went off will be the first heat to swim on November 8th. We will then go to Event 1 and continue as planned.
Individual events are frozen. Swimmers must swim the events that they were entered into for Thursday, Oct 25th.
No new swimmers can be added to the meet.
Here are the only changes you can make:
1. Hopefully you can leave your relays as-is but if you now have incomplete relays due to an absent swimmer or swimmers; you can reduce the number of relays (ie scratch some) from your team and move the remaining swimmers around to make up the remaining relays. Note: You may still not remove a swimmer from an individual event to enter them in a relay as per meet package.
NO NEW RELAYS can be added. You can only rework the already existing ones.
You will need to enter the relays you are scratching and the changes in composition of the remaining relays into the attached google doc. There is a field already created for your school (if your school is missing please add it in at the end – my apologies for missing it). Please type in the information with clear event numbers and the swimmers’ names. There is an example in the google doc. This needs to be done by the end of the day on Wednesday, October 31st to allow Sean the time to make the changes in Meet Manager.
If you are having difficulties entering the changes in the google doc please email them to me.
2. If a swimmer is not able to swim their individual event due to his or her absence on November 8th, unfortunately he or she may not swim this event at Provincials. However, a swimmer who was present to swim and listed on a relay team on Oct 25th but can’t be present on Nov 8th, can be put back on this relay for provincials provided that the relay qualifies in the top 10 (senior and junior combined) at the November 8thmeet.
THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Due to the tight time line with provincial entry deadline which is the next day, you will need to ask your swimmers ahead of time if they will swim at provincials (provided they qualify) or not. Sean needs to have the scratches preferably at the end of the day on Thursday, November 8th or by the very latest on Friday as early in the day as possible. The scratches then allow the next team in line to enter the provincial championships.
As you might imagine, we will need to have all the volunteer positions filled again. That means stroke and turn officials and timers as well as some kitchen help and runners. Please email the information listed below to both Carol Ann (email@example.com ) and Cecilia Rodriguez-Lang (firstname.lastname@example.org ):
· Name of the volunteer
· Email address of the volunteer
· Volunteer position (timer, stroke and turn,..)
· What shift they can do – morning or afternoon, or all day.
Thank you all very much:)
On this site the following will be posted:
- Downloadable link and video instructions for Team Manager Lite which you need to register your swimmers for the meet: they can be found on the Team Manager page (click on More along the top bar)
- Meet package and entry file: they are on the Meet Package page.
- Heat sheets
- Information for Provincials when it becomes available.
Click on the appropriate page at the top of the banner.