Substitute Teacher Information
Do you like a flexible work schedule with dynamic interaction with students? Are you creative and like to teach others? If so, Socorro Consolidated Schools is looking for YOU! We want vibrant individuals who are interested in working on a part-time, temporary basis with our students as a substitute teacher.
Substitute teachers must hold a current NM PED Substitute Teacher License or Teacher License. Information regarding this license may be obtained at the NM PED Licensure website. You will not be allowed to sub without the current teacher or substitute teacher license.
Our district substitute teacher trainings are required by the New Mexico Public Education Department. You must participate in at least one per year. For more information about our substitute training, contact Daron Hashir-Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org. or call 575-838-3124.
The following requirements must be fulfilled prior to working as a substitute teacher for Socorro Schools:
- Be at least 18 years of age
Submit to Central Office:
- Socorro Consolidated Schools Substitute Teacher Application
- Evidence of education completion and level (high school diploma/university transcripts)
- I-9 Immigration Form (include copy of driver’s license and social security card)
- W-4 Form
- Three Substitute Observation Forms signed by principals (Complete a minimum of three one-hour observations, one at each grade band-elementary, middle, and high school. Have the principal initial the form on the day of observation).
- Attend the substitute workshop and other substitute training (Please contact the HR Department for dates and times)
Submit to NM Public Education Department:
*Costs associated with licensure and background checks are the responsibility of the substitute applicant.
For more information, email or call Daron Hashir-Brown at (575) 838-3124.