Eagle Tech Squad
Mission of EagleTech Squad
Support Technology across campus
Create Student Leaders
Solve issues through collaborative efforts
Expand access and skills for students and teachers
Open to students in 3rd - 5th Grade
Are you interested in technology? Do you enjoy learning new things by using technology?
Eagle Tech Squad will focus on the following:
- Team building
- School leadership
- Promoting confidence
- Coding with robots
- Content creation
- Community service in tech support
- Customer service
- Promoting a student-led culture
- Public Showcase
- Public Speaking
- App reviews
We will have an optional info meeting on August 28th from 3:15 to 3:45 to answer any questions about Eagle Tech Squad and how to apply and create a resume. If you are interested in being a member of Eagle Tech Squad, please fill out the application below. In addition to submitting an application, interested students are asked to create a brief resume (see example). Applications are to be submitted online by clicking the link below. Your resume (see example below) may be submitted directly to Mrs. Anastasio by sharing (email@example.com) or dropped off in Room 311. Click here for how to share if you are not sure. All applications and resumes are due by September 1st. Acceptance notifications will be sent out on September 6th and our first meeting is September 11th. We will be accepting a limited number of students across grade levels.
For students who need to know if they will be accepted to Tech Leadership early, due to after care or other reasons, you may submit your application by August 1st and you will be notified by August 7th. If you have a circumstance needing to apply earlier, email Mrs. Anastasio at Laurie.Anastasio@smusd.org. You may be asked to do a phone or Google Hangout interview.
- Students should have some tech background but do not need to be experts.
- You should have a willingness to help and a cooperative attitude.
- Eagle Tech Squad will meet Monday afternoons from 3:15 to 4:15. (Check calendar for meeting dates.)
- Students will mentor a minimum of 2 before school tutoring sessions a month. This has been a very popular resource for our students.
- Eagle Tech Squad members will be learning new skills and strengthening the ones they have in tools such as; Google Apps (Docs, Forms, Sheets, Slides, Classroom), Coding, Screencasting, blogging.
- Eagle Tech Squad members will help students and staff integrate technology skills to support SEES goal of being Future Ready.