Saint Mark's Lutheran Church is a community of 3400 souls which exists to restore sinful people to their loving God through Jesus Christ. For nearly 150 years we have served the Watertown, Wisconsin, area under this principle.
We believe that every person's deepest problem is his or her sinfulness.
- "I was sinful from birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me" (Psalm 51:5), confessed King David.
- Furthermore: "The wages of sin is death" (Romans 6:23a) explains God through the Apostle Paul.
We believe that every person's greatest need is the forgiveness of sin-- through Jesus Christ.
- "The Lord has laid on Jesus the iniquity of all" (Isaiah 53:6) is God's Word in this regard.
- Not only so, but: "The gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord" (Romans 6:23b), God says by way of the Apostle Paul.
We believe, therefore, that everyone needs to take to heart the Lord's invitation to learn of him in his Word:
- "The Holy Scriptures are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus; all Scripture is God-breathed."
- (2 Timothy 3:15-16).
- We ourselves exist as a congregation to carry out Jesus' command to this effect: "Go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you" (Matthew 28:18-20).
- This is why we're happy to serve you in any way we may.
St. Mark's Ev. Lutheran Church + 615 Jones St. + Watertown, WI 53094
Phone 920-262-8500 + Fax (920) 262-8508