The Horatio Alger National Career and Technical Scholarship is open to seniors planning to pursue a technical degree or certificate. Students must be eligible for Pell Grant, be a U. S. citizen and apply online at application.horatioalger.org by June 15.
The final packet of scholarships will be available in the guidance office tomorrow. Seniors may pick those up and return them by April 26. Seniors also need to come to guidance if they qualify for an honors diploma or a diploma of distinction. ALL seniors planning to attend technical school or college MUST pay $1.00 for each final transcript to be sent to the school of their choice. Students will not be able to attend school next fall if this is not done.
The scholarships that will be available are the Williams Chapel Church for minority students, Chapel Hill Methodist Church Scholarship for all seniors, and the Mark Andrews Memorial Scholarship for agriculture, education, and medical majors.
Scholarship listed below are available in Guidance
- Upper Cumberland Association of Realtors – available for all seniors. This scholarship must be turned in to Guidance by March 26th so we can get them mailed before we go on Spring Break.
**These scholarships listed are due March 29th to Guidance.
- River City Ball – available for all seniors.
- Smith County Rotary Noon Club Scholarship – applicants must be members of an interact club.
- South Carthage Civitan Club Scholarship – available for all seniors.
- Riverview Regional Medical Center – any senior that is majoring in a medical field.
- Chad’s Run Scholarship – applicant going into medical related studies.
Jennie Turner and Catherine Turner Petrucelli Scholarship are also available at this time. These scholarships will be due after spring break on Tuesday, April 10th to Guidance.
Next scholarship packet is ready to be picked up in Guidance (February 13, 2018) The deadline for the ones listed below will be February 23,2018.
- Jordan Cage Hackett Memorial
- Smith County Soil Conservation District Stanley Dillehay Memorial
- Greg Webb Memorial
- Minda & Todd Moore Memorial
- Chris Carter Scholarship
- Izzy Gates Scholarship Fund presented by Justified RC and CMT Abate/Caney Fork
- Smith County High School Quarterback Club
- Fowler Stanton Music Scholarship
- Smith County Cattlemen Association (
- Jamie Evitts Memorial Scholarship Fund (You must have been in 4-H or FFA involvement for the past 4 years.)
The Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee's scholarship application is now available online for all seniors at cfmt.org. This program offers multiple scholarship opportunities for specific groups, such as the Pauline Gore Scholarship for Smith County seniors. You must apply online by March 15. For more information, please come to guidance office.
You can pick up your next scholarships in guidance tomorrow (January 26, 2018). The deadline for the ones listed below will be February 9, 2018. We have extended the deadline until February 13, 2018 get them into Guidance by the morning break.
- Wilson Bank and Trust
- Smith County Farm Bureau
- Rotary Club
- Joey Kemp Memorial
- Tennessee Relocation Council 2018 Peter Hiro Memorial Scholarship Application
Seniors: The first packet of local scholarships is now available. All seniors may apply for these 4 scholarships: Citizens Bank, Robert Beasley Memorial, Shelbie West Memorial, and Smith County Bank.
In addition, seniors majoring in a healthcare profession may apply for the Todd Lewis Memorial. These scholarships will be awarded to students at Smith County High School, and the deadline to return these to guidance is January 18. A second packet will be available at that time.
If your parents/guardian have North Central Telephone Cooperative service, you are eligible to apply for a scholarship. See guidance for details.
SunTrust Off to College Scholarship Sweepstakes
Students may apply every two weeks for $500 scholarship. Two winners are randomly chosen every two weeks from
Oct-May of 17-18 school year. There is no GPA or financial need requirement-apply at www.suntrust.com/offtocollege.
List of Scholarships available
- TN Scholars Application
- Scarlett Family Foundation
- Tylenol Scholarship - www.tylenol.com/news/scholarship
- Dr. Pepper Tuition - https://www.drpeppertuition.com/program-details
Come by Guidance to get more information on these scholdarships
- Seniors, you are eligible to apply for the Upper Cumberland Association of Realtors Scholarship. You must come to guidance for application. Completed applications should be returned to guidance with your letter of acceptance from the college of your choice. Applications must be returned to guidance by March 16. One student at our school will be awarded the $250 scholarship.
- Seniors who have at least a 25 ACT composite, a GPA of 3.5 or higher, and rank in the top 10% of the class are eligible to apply for the Trustee Honors Scholarship at Tusculum College in Greeneville, TN. This is a FULL tuition scholarship. Details in guidance office.