Information for Seniors
- The qualifications for graduation with distinction are-being a participant in Governor's School, or All-State musical organizations, having an ACT composite of 31 or better, or having earned 12 or more hours of college credit while in high school.
- Students graduating with honors-must have scored at least an English ACT score of 18, Math 22, Reading 22, and Science 23.
- Also, ANY senior who has received an athletic or academic scholarship should report this to guidance if he/she wants this announced on awards day. Students enlisting in the military should notify their recruiter of the awards program on May 4 and request that they contact guidance.
Seniors participating in TN Promise: Your mandatory meeting is at 5:30 on March 7th in the cafeteria. Work and ballgames are not acceptable excuses. If you are sick, please refer to your green books for proper procedure; there are specific requirements for making up a meeting. This is the only meeting at our school; you will be required to attend another meeting in another county.
FAFSA Deadline - January 16,2018.
If you have applied to any college please come by guidance to let us know,
- so we can send your transcript and ACT score to the college of your choice.
The first meeting for TN Promise is scheduled for October 9th at 2:00 in the auditorium. All seniors planning to participate in promise should plan to attend. This meeting will be a 35 minute informational meeting with all seniors enrolled at your institution. tnAchieves student handbooks will be distributed and the following topics will be discussed at this meeting:
- Introduction to TN Promise, the November 1, 2017 scholarship application deadline and tnAchieves requirements, deadlines and mentors.
- Information on 2018-2019 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) completion and the mandatory January 16, 2018 TN Promise FAFSA filing deadline.
- Community service, which students can begin accruing on November 2, 2017.
- Senior picture order forms and money are due to Mr. Reed on September 29th.
- Senior baby pictures for the yearbook are due to Mr. Reed on September 29th.
- Picture retakes for seniors will be on Friday, October 6th. Club group pictures will also be taken on that day.
These seniors are College Bound! If you are a senior, be sure to apply to the school(s) of your choice as soon as possible! Thank you!
Don't forget to get a FSA ID for yourself and one parent before the FASA night, November 6th at 5:30 p.m. You must complete a FAFSA in order to receive ANY financial assistance at ALL schools. Please look at handout given this week during senior meeting and bring necessary items for FAFSA completion to meeting. If you did not get a handout, please come by guidance and get one.
November 17th is the late registration deadline for the December 9th ACT test at SCHS. This is the last Saturday test at SCHS this year, and this test is usually the last test that universities will use for guaranteed academic scholarships for seniors.