Youth Philanthropy Mini-Grants
Venango County Youth Philanthropy Program
Mission: to engage youth in civic responsibility and leadership through service-learning programs.
Youth Philanthropy Program serves youth in 6th – 12th grades
Grant Application Scope: Youth Development (Asset Building)
Application Deadline: January 31, 2019
The Youth Philanthropy Project Youth Board members would like to announce the availability of grant funds to support projects for Youth Development (Asset Building) Programs.
Any non-profit organization with 501(c) (3) status or School located in Venango County that is in need of funding for programs that provide youth development and/or asset building. Funding requests may be between $500.00 and $2000.00.
The Youth Philanthropy Project Youth Board will review each application, funding decisions will be made based on the following requirements. Priority consideration will be given to programs or initiatives that:
- Involve youth in the planning, preparation and completion of the proposed program or project.
- Builds youth character, abilities and skills (assets) in all of the youth that participate
- Is available to all youth, especially those youth that need help or may not participate in existing programs (at risk youth).
- Builds healthy relationships between adults and youth.
- Acceptable Use of Grant Funds:
· New youth programs, projects or events that will build youth leadership, character and other qualities so that youth are valued as important community resources.
· Events or activities that will build ongoing positive youth identity, values and constructive use of time for all youth who participate.
We encourage requests that will build healthy relationships with youth. The goal is to enhance roles youth play. (Programs that will benefit only adults or only young children will not be considered.)
All funded projects will be for the period of February 1, 2019 to August 31, 2019.
HOW TO APPLY
A grant applicant must:
- Submit one copy of your complete grant proposal.
- Include one copy of attachment A (a completed budget) and all the attachments listed on page 5.
- Complete applications and all required attachments must be received no later than January 31, 2019. Mail or email to the Business Office of Keystone SMILES CLC, located at 525 Main Street, PO Box 352, Knox, PA, 16232, ATTN: Nicole Salvo OR to Nicole Salvo at firstname.lastname@example.org.