Crossroads Alternative Education Program
189 students have participated in the program
177 completed the program successfully (94%)
92.4% of student increased their GPA
43 of 44 (98%) participating seniors received earned their high school diploma
Serving School Districts in Clarion and Venango County
To provide alternative education to students with at-risk behaviors through teaching strategies in academics, community service-learning, and social development. Ultimately enabling at-risk youth to be tomorrow's leaders through education and service to their community and allow students to return to or graduate from their home school district.
The Keystone SMILES Crossroads program is an approved Alternative Education Private Provider through the PA Department of Education providing small group and individual instruction. Students participate in service learning as an integral part of their curriculum to help develop community leadership, behavior and social skills within the academic setting.
Keystone SMILES Crossroads program is one of its kind in a three county region. School districts have an alternative for modifying educational plans for at-risk students addressing school drop out, behavioral, and academic barriers for their school systems.
Approved Educational Tax Credit program recipient.
Qualifying students may be eligible for a youth AmeriCorps position
- Students will improve their social skills by learning how they can contribute to society.
- Students will improve their classroom self-discipline skills to help maintain positive behavior to enhance learning success.
- Students will enhance their citizenship skills by providing service to their community integrating academic skills through a service-learning curriculum.
- Students will improve their academic status from failing to passing in their subjects or on next grade level using a curriculum aligned with PA State Standards.
- Crossroads will help ensure all students have the opportunity to graduate and be successful.
In collaboration with the schools and communities of rural northwest Pennsylvania, the Mission of the Crossroads Wellness Committee is to develop and support policies, procedures, partnerships and activities that promote healthy practices and empower individuals to make informed, responsible decisions leading to life-long wellness.