After-School / Safe Havens
Keystone SMILES After School Programs provide a safe environment for children to receive homework help and to engage in enriching activities. AmeriCorps Members are an essential part of this program, providing homework help one-on-one or in small groups. Members serving in these programs also engage the youth in activities, special events and service learning projects.
Venango County Program
Weed and Seed Hot Spots After-School Program, Oil City, PA
The Weed and Seed program is a safe haven for school age children ages 5-18 to help advance children through service and educational learning.
The Weed and Seed programs offer:
- Place for school age students to come and have fun
- Provide daily STEM/STEAM activities to stimulate learning
- Develop leadership skills
- Guidance for appropriate behavior
- Recreational activities
- Healthy snack
Hours during the school year:
- East End: Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday 3-6
- Siverly: Monday, Tuesday & Thursday 3-6
Hours during summer:
- East End: Tuesday-Friday 12-5
- Siverly Tuesday-Friday 12-5
Forms for DownloadPermission SlipsPermission to take picturesContact formYouth Volunteer applicationFood Allergy/Allergy Awareness
Mercer County Program
Mercer County Housing Authority After-school Programs
The mission of the center is to provide a safe learning environment with for children enrolled in elementary school that includes a nutritious meal, homework help, and engaging STREAM activities.
Children in elementary school are provided a safe learning environment to receive homework help, engaging STREAM activities and a nutritious meal.
- Homework Help
- STREAM Curriculum (Science, Technology, Reading, Engineering, Art, and Math)
- Experiential Learning
- Free Nutritious meals and snacks
Hours of Operation During School Year:
Monday—Thursday 3:30 PM-5:30 pm
Daily Activities include: Dinner ,Science, Technology, Reading, Engineering, Arts, Math, and lots of FUN!