- AmeriCorps Volunteer Maryland Volunteer Coordinator member 2018-2019 at Elms Environmental Education Center
- 11+ years in environmental education, nature interpretation, and outdoor recreation programs.
- Outdoor Educator Certification (45 day facilitator/educator wilderness course), North Carolina Outward Bound School
- Expedition Course (7 day wilderness course), Mojave Desert, Outward Bound
- GIS Master’s Certificate, University of West Florida, Pensacola, FL
- BFA - Illustration, Kendall College of Art & Design, Grand Rapids, MI
Anything to do with nature and outdoor recreation! Also creating art, reading, traveling, health and wellness, and spending time with her husband and kitty.
Alicia is originally from Stillwater, Oklahoma, but has spent the last 13 years moving all over the United States for environmental education and outdoor recreation employment opportunities. From teaching at environmental education centers, to leading backpacking trips for youth, to nature interpretation programs at state parks, she’s taught thousands of adults and youth about the wonders of the natural world.
Since moving to southern Maryland in 2015 for her husband's Naval career, Alicia has had the wonderful opportunity to serve the local community as a state park ranger, county librarian, and educator and volunteer coordinator at The Elms. She looks forward to continuing to help people explore and enjoy the outdoors in 2019!