Environmental Literacy at SMCOE
Empowering school communities and leaders to advocate for and prioritize environmental education for all students.
Use the links below to learn how the San Mateo County Office of Education's (SMCOE) Environmental Literacy Initiative (ELI) can support you and your school in improving access to and the quality of environmental literacy.
Mission: Through projects, programs, and events that support all stakeholders, SMCOE equips school communities with the knowledge, skills, and experiences to act individually and collectively to bring forward an environmentally sustainable, socially just, and economically thriving existence.
- Awareness and Action campaign resources
- Networks, organizations, and conferences for youth leaders
- Curriculum, frameworks, standards, and pedagogy for teaching Environmental Literacy
- Resources for engaging students, administrators, and the community in sustainability
- Resources for initiating sustainability through your campus facilities and curriculum
- Resources for engaging stakeholders in the cultural shift towards a sustainable future
- Who supports SMCOE's ELI
- Network for Community Environmental Education Providers
- Resources for parents