Math 7 & Math 8
* think * adapt * progress *
Welcome to Ms. Chavez-Ortega's Classroom Website!
- Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
- Reason abstractly and quantitatively.
- Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
- Model with mathematics.
- Use appropriate tools strategically.
- Attend to precision.
- Look for and make use of structure.
- Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning.
Math 7 Topics to Achieve
Fractions and Operations with Rational Numbers
Numerical and Algebraic Expressions and Equations
Math 8 Topics to Achieve
Radicals and Integer Exponents
Proportional relationships, lines, linear equations
Linear Equations and Systems of Linear Equations
Functions to model relationships between quantities
Congruence and Similarities