AP English LITERATURE & Composition
Daily Agenda: Monday, September 25, 2017
- Return John Donne Power Paragraphs
- Read and briefly paraphrase "To His Coy Mistress" in table groups.
- Describe the three sections of the argument in Marvell's "To His Coy Mistress."
- Practice prompt on "To His Coy Mistress."
- Model annotating literary devices within the poem, using the prompt as a guide for annotations.
- How to create a thesis statement and an outline based on the prompt.
- How to write a literary analysis essay
- Introduce an AP Prompt and review a sample student essay. Fill out a reverse outline based on the sample student essay and then make comments on how the essay could be improved.
- Introduce the AP Literature 2003 B Free Response Question 1 Prompt. Annotate the poem. Use any additional time to create an outline for the timed write.
- Homework: Create an outline for the timed write tomorrow. FINISH UNIT PACKET--DUE TOMORROW.
Daily Agenda: Tuesday, September 26, 2017
- Unit Packet Due
- Poetry Timed Write
Daily Agenda: Wednesday, September 27, 2017
Daily Agenda: Thursday, September 28, 2017
Daily Agenda: Friday, September 29, 2017