Zumbrota State Theatre
Built in 1921 by August Klug, the architect was Zumbrota native Charles L. Grover, for a cost of $38,000. Built as a vaudeville house, radio shows, plays, and silent movies were shown here and when the talkies came into use in 1929, it was used mostly for movies.
The Zumbrota Area Arts council purchased the building in 2011. Movies and concerts along with live theatre and educational events have been hosted here.
For a brief historical Tour of the building, Click HERE
The Encore Campaign, 2013, and funded by loyal supporters, allowed for purchase, maintenance and repairs of the Theatre. Currently a building project is underway to build handicapped accessible bathrooms, a new concession area and improved lobby. Future plans include restoration and stage improvements. Encore is an ongoing campaign devoted to ongoing support of building, maintenance and restoration. Donations can be made HERE.
The State Theatre is operated by a team of volunteers under the guidance of the State Theatre Management Team.
Management Team Members include:
Rox Bartsh - Chair
Ann Storey - Secretary
Linda Smith - Board Liaison
Jennifer Kish - Scheduling and Volunteers
Gary Grover - Finance Liaison
You can contact the Team by emailing Zumbrota.firstname.lastname@example.org