I am a full member of the New Zealand Association of Counsellors (NZAC). I am approved to supervise Provisional members of NZAC as they work towards full membership, as well as full NZAC members as part of their ongoing professional practice.
I hold a Post Graduate Certificate in Counselling (Supervision) from the University of Waikato. This is an advanced practitioners' professional supervision qualification.
The Focus of Supervision:
- The focus of supervision is the issues that the work you do raises for you.
- The focus is on you (the practitioner) in the work, as well as the work itself.
The Purposes of Supervision:
- To support you professionally and personally
- To provide a forum for the development of your professional identity
- To support ethical and effective practice
- To celebrate successful practice
- To provide a space for conversations about the effects on you of interacting with the people in your care and the people you work with
- To provide a space for conversations about your work situation
- To identify sources of personal stress and find ways of managing them
- To work collaboratively with you towards patient/client safety.