I was given an original race weight IMSA flare(thanks Greg). This is a 12 inch wide Panasport with a 13 inch wide slick. Look how much room is left!
Street and track day car built in the 80s by Scott Performance for my brother. The Banshee has been sold to a good home and the new owner has sent some pics. Ready for track days!
Me driving at Buttonwillow and Laguna Seca courtesy of my brother.
1973 240Z is now my weekend car.
An L28, 5 speed and a 3.9 limited slip r-180 have been transplanted. The suspension, steering and brakes were rebuilt first.
I have a bucketload of 1973 parts and have been swapping them over to this tired Z. I replaced the bent hood, rusted rear hatch (swapped in the lock), front cowl, a straighter rear bumper, better inspection lids, a stock mirror and the lower valance is being replaced with my Xenon airdam. I bought 2 sets of bumpers for cheap and put on an early front one after derusting the backside and pounding out a small dent. Once I get the floors de-rusted, patches welded and flattened I have 2 reupholsterd seats from one of my older cars to put in. The rest of the interior is very nice with almost every thing in very good shape. The dash has a cap.
Problems I have located and fixed or replaced so far. 3 dead Venezualan shocks and the fourth was blown, replaced with some KYBs in front and a set of Tokicos in the rear that I had. The inner a-arm bushings were near non-existant. You could move them forward and back several inches, so I replaced them with poly bushings. The ball joints, rod ends and steering rack all very worn, so I replaced them all from my lovely pile'o'parts.. I sandblasted and wire brushed all struts, arms and then painted. Added some lowering springs I had. Put in a poly steering coupler. Replaced the motor mounts that were seperating. Someone had attempted to remove one of the spindle pins in back and half installed the middle locking pin and forced an end nut over the hammered, mushroomed end. The driver's rear wheel was also toed in so something was probably bent. Oh... also a rear stud was broken in half! I replaced the complete rear struts, arms and hangers with freshened ones that I had. I added Suspension Techniques sway bars front and rear.
Out with the old, removed any rust and quick paint. No rust throughs anywhere in the engine bay.
Header leaks fixed, floats reset to previous levels for street power and original fuel inlet valves installed.
My old Scott Performance street/autocross motor in for summer fun until the track day car is done.
After I swapped out the tach for a 280 one it took awhile to figure out the wire I had to "loop" for the old 4 wire tach connector. 15 yr. old motor runs strong and my neighbors hate me because of the loud muffler and revving triples. I replaced the worn out alternator that has a bad bearing and worn out brushes.