ZL3 Radio Buildathon
Educating & Mentoring Tomorrows Technologists & Communicators
Learn About Amateur Radio Read more >
KIDS OF CHRISTCHURCH - HEY LISTEN UP!
Christchurch City Council Media Release Read more >
Kids Fest 2010 is coming into town July 15th !
The ZL3 Buildathon team will be there, with a great radio kitset for you to build,
(see picture above) so you can listen to your favourite music stations wherever you are.
Amaze your friends and family as you show them what you have built!
Learn how your radio works and the fascinating hobby of Amateur Radio.
If you're between 10 and 13 yrs come along and join in the fun.
Mum, Dad, brothers, sisters and all, will be very welcome too.
The next AM Radio Buildathon event will be held on
at Kendal School, 53 Kendal Avenue, Burnside
Arrive 8:45am for 9:00am start, finishing at 12 midday
Places are limited and bookings are most essential.
Register by phoning Mary or David on 03 358 2424
or by email to ZL3DWS@nzart.org.nz
What Is a ZL3 Radio Buildathon? Read more >
Kids Fest 2010 AM Radio Buildathon flyer available at bottom of this page
CANCELLATIONS: Kendal School hall is very well heated and equipped.
Events will be held unless weather conditions are very poor. If an event is cancelled, you will receive an email and a message will be posted here.
1. This community event is sponsored by the Christchurch City Council and supported by the
NZ Amateur Radio Assn www.NZART.org.nz : NZ Vintage Radio Society Christchurch,
NZART Radioscience Education Trust Inc and Radio Amateurs from the five Christchurch branches of NZART.
It is free of any charge.
2. Everything needed is supplied. If you prefer using your own tools you are welcome to bring an electronic soldering iron of about 25 watts with a fine tip, side cutters and a set of
Walkman style headphones.
3. Morning tea will be provided for builders and parents.
4. Each builder will be given an AM broadcast radio receiver kitset to keep.
We hope that this will spark an interest in electronics generally and Amateur Radio in particular.
5. Mum, Dad, Grandad or other adult is most welcome to stay and share time with the builders.
You never know, you might catch the bug!
6. All events end about 12 midday and we would appreciate the courtesy of parents upliftng children on time.
7. Each event comprises of 15 builders, parents of builders and adults to guide builders safely.