Email: baoyuanw AT yahoo.com
Affiliations: Co-founder and VP of Engineering at Xiaobing.ai
I joined Xiaobing.AI in early 2021, after 12 wonderful years at Microsoft. I am in charge of the xNext team, mainly focusing on multimodality representation learning for conversational AI, visual content generation, and the next generation of AI being interaction technologies. Drop me a message if you are interested to join us.
I was a Sr.Principal Researcher and Manager at the AI platform team of Microsoft AI and Cloud. My research interests include computer vision, learning-based computational photography, and AI for content generation. I always look for addressing industry-scale challenges and keep an eye on practical machine learning settings. Over the years, I have been working closely with different product teams including Bing map, XBox/Kinect, Microsoft Pix Camera, Swift-Key, Windows and Cognitive services, etc, and shipped several key technologies to those products. Prior to the current position, I was a lead researcher at Microsoft Research Asia lab.
I got my Ph.D. degree at the College of Computer Science in Zhejiang University in 2012. My advisor was Professor Yizhou Yu. I received my B.S. in College of Software Engineering from Zhejiang University in 2007. I was also a research intern at Internet Graphics Group, Microsoft Research Asia from May 2009 to June 2012, worked with Ying-Qing Xu. I visited Microsoft Research San Francisco for three months in 2011, under the supervision of Li-Yi Wei and Jaron Lanier. From Sep. 2006 to Apr. 2007, I was a developer intern at Infosys Limited, Bangalore India. My latest CV
Preprints and Publications:
1.Wenbin Zhu, Chien-Yi Chen, Kuan-Luan Zeng, Shang-Hong Lai, Baoyuan Wang. Local-Adaptive Face Recognition via Graph-based Meta-Clustering and Regularized Adapation. To appear in IEEE CVPR 2022. https://arxiv.org/abs/2203.14327
2. Chaoda Zheng, Yan Xu, Haiming Zhang, Baoyuan Wang, Shenghui Cheng, Zhen Li, Shuguang Cui. Beyond 3D Siamese Tracking: A Motion-Centric Paradigm for 3D Single Object Tracing in Point Clouds. To Appear in IEEE CVPR 2022, Oral. https://arxiv.org/abs/2203.01730
3. Chenqian Yan, Yuge Zhang, Quanlu Zhang, Yaming Yang, Xinyang Jiang, Yuqing Yang, Baoyuan Wang. Privacy-preserving Online AutoML for Domain-Specific Face Detection. To Appear in IEEE CVPR 2022. https://arxiv.org/pdf/2203.08399.pdf
4.Noranart Vesdapunt, Baoyuan Wang. CRFace: Confidence Ranker for Model-Agnostic Face Detection Refinement. IEEE CVPR 2021. https://arxiv.org/abs/2103.07017
5.Noranart Vesdapunt, Mitch Rundle, Muscle Wu, Baoyuan Wang. JNR:Joint-based Neural Rig Representation for Compact 3D Face Modeling. IEEE ECCV'2020, AUGUST, UK. https://arxiv.org/abs/2007.06755
6. Bindita Chaudhuri, Noranart Vesdapunt, Linda Shapiro, Baoyuan Wang. Personalized Face Modeling for Improved Face Reconstruction and Motion Retargeting. IEEE ECCV'2020, Spotlight , AUGUST, UK. https://homes.cs.washington.edu/~bindita/personalizedfacemodeling.html
7. Wenbin Zhu, Muscle Wu, Zeyu Chen, Noranart Vesdapunt, Baoyuan Wang. ReDA: Reinforced Differentiable Attributes for 3D Face Reconstruction. IEEE CVPR 2020, Oral, Seattle, WA. https://openaccess.thecvf.com/content_CVPR_2020/papers/Zhu_ReDAReinforced_Differentiable_Attribute_for_3D_Face_Reconstruction_CVPR_2020_paper.pdf
8. BINDITA CHAUDHURI, Noranart Vesdapunt, Baoyuan Wang. Joint Face Detection and Facial Motion Retargeting for Multiple Faces . IEEE CVPR 2019. https://arxiv.org/pdf/1902.10744.pdf 2019.2.26.
9. Gaurav Mittal, Baoyuan Wang. Animating Faces with Disentangled Audio Representation Learning. IEEE WACV 2020. https://openaccess.thecvf.com/content_WACV_2020/papers/Mittal_Animating_Face_using_Disentangled_Audio_Representations_WACV_2020_paper.pdf
10. Baoyuan Wang, Noranart Vesdapunt, Utkarsh Sinha, Lei Zhang. Real-time Burst Photo Selection Using a Light-Head Adversarial Net. https://arxiv.org/abs/1803.07212, 2019.11.20, IEEE Transactions on Image Processing (TIP 2020)
11. Huan Yang, Baoyuan Wang, Noranart Vesdapunt, Minyi Guo, Sing Bing Kang. Personalized Exposure Control Using Adaptive Metering and Reinforcement Learning. https://arxiv.org/abs/1803.02269 IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics ( Volume: 25 , Issue: 10 , Oct. 1 2019 )
12. Yuanming Hu, Hao He, Chenxi Xu, Baoyuan Wang, Stephen Lin. Exposure: A White-Box Photo Post-Processing Framework, https://arxiv.org/pdf/1709.09602.pdf, ACM Transaction on Graphics, Presented at SIGGRAPH 2018
13. Bin Dai, Baoyuan Wang, Gang Hua. Understanding and Predicting The Attractiveness of Human Action Shot. https://arxiv.org/abs/1711.00677, 2017. 11
14. TaeHyun Oh,Kyungdon Joo, Neel Josh, Baoyuan Wang, Sing Bing Kang. Personalized Cinemagraphs using Semantic Understanding and Collaborative Learning. IEEE ICCV'2017, Venice, Italy.
15. Yuanming Hu, Baoyuan Wang, Steve Lin. FC^4:Fully Convolutional Color Constancy with Confidence-weighted Pooling. IEEE CVPR' 2017, Oral, Honolulu, Hawaii.
16. Bo Xin, Yizhou Wang, Wen Gao, and Baoyuan Wang, David Wipf. Maximal Sparsity with Deep Networks? NIPS 2016.
18. Ruobing Wu, Baoyuan Wang, Yizhou Yu. Harvesting Discriminative Meta Objects with Deep CNN Features for Scene Classification. IEEE ICCV'15, Santiago, Chile.
19. Jun Zhu, Baoyuan Wang, Zhuowen Tu. "Action Recognition with Acton". IEEE ICCV 2013, Sydney, Australia.
20. Yuwang Wang, Baoyuan Wang, Yizhou Yu, Zhuowen Tu. "Action Gons: Action Recognition with A Discriminative Dictionary of Structured Elements with Varying Granularity ", ACCV'14, Singapore.
21. Xinggang Wang, Baoyuan Wang, Xiang Bai, Zhuowen Tu. "Max-Margin Multiple-Instance Dictionary Learning". ICML 2013, Atlanta, USA.
22. Wangjiang Zhu, Baoyuan Wang, Steve Lin. Adaptive Polling on Multiple Trajectory Attributes for Action Recognition. The 12th IEEE International conference on Advanced Video and Signal-based Surveillance (AVSS’15). Oral.
23. Weijia Zou, Baoyuan Wang, Rui Zhang. "Human Activity Recognition by Mining Discriminative Segment with Novel Skeleton Joint Feature". PCM'13, Oral.
24. Min Tan, Baoyuan Wang, Gang Pan. Robust Object Recognition via Weakly Supervised Metric and Template Learning. Accepted by Neurocomputing, May, 2015.
25 Min Tan, Baoyuan Wang, Zhaohui Wu, Jingdong Wang, Gang Pan. Weakly Supervised Metric Learning for Traffic Sign Recognition in a LIDAR Equipped Vehicle. IEEE Transaction on Intelligent Transportation Systems. 2015.
26. Zhicheng Yan, Hao Zhang, Baoyuan Wang, Sylvain Paris, Yizhou Yu. Automatic Photo Adjustment Using Neural Networks. ACM Transaction on Graphics. Presented at SIGGRAPH 2016.
27. Baoyuan Wang, Yizhou Yu, Ying-Qing Xu. "Example-based Image Color and Tone Style Enhancement". ACM SIGGRAPH 2011.
28. Baoyuan Wang, Yizhou Yu, Tien-Tsin Wong, Chun Chen, Ying-Qing Xu. "Data-Driven Image Color Theme Enhancement". ACM SIGGRAPH Asia 2010, Seoul, December 2010 (ACM Transactions on Graphics, Vol. 29, No. 5, 2010). [ More ]
29. Baoyuan Wang, Yizhou Yu "Parallel H-Tree Based Data Cubing on Graphics Processors", International Journal of Software and Informatics (IJSI), 2012.
30. Baoyuan Wang, Gang Chen, Jiajun Bu, Yizhou Yu. "Multiscale Visualization of Relational Databases Using Layered Zoom trees and Partial Data Cubes". International Conference On Information Visualization Theory and Applications (IVAPP), Angers, France, May 2010 (Oral). [ More ]
31. Baoyuan Wang, Gang Chen, Jiajun Bu, Yizhou Yu. "Zoomtree: Unrestricted Zooming Path in Multi-scale Visual Analysis of Relational Databases". Computer Vision, Imaging and Computer Graphics. Theory and Applications. Pages 299-317. 2011.