Zhixiang Wu 邬智翔
| (As a computer vision engineer in meta)
- Nov. 2014 - I have been offered an extended internship at TTIC and
I am returning to TTIC on Jan. 2015. but, I joined Amazon as a software engineer working on computer vision.
- June. 2014 - Started working as a research intern jointly at TTIC and TRINA (Toyota Research Institute in North America) - Michigan on Toyota's upcoming Autonomous Car. My advisor is Prof. David McAllester.
- May. 2014 - One research paper accepted by ECCV 2014, co-authored with Yan Wang, Jie Feng, Jun Wang and Prof. Shih-Fu Chang. [link]
- Meta was highlighted in TechCrunch, CNet, engadget, Bloomberg, WSJ and some more public media.
- June. 2013 - Started working as a summer intern at meta Company! I was advised by Dr. Austin Reiter and supervised by the CTO Raymond Lo.
I received a master's degree from Columbia University with a focus in computer vision and graphics, and have worked as a research assistant in DVMM lab with Prof. Shih-fu Chang for a year. I have great interest in computer vision, machine learning and their applications in robotics and augmented reality. My research focus has been around 3D computer vision, with a noticeable project about 3D model retrieval based on newly-emerged machine learning methods.
Previously, I received a B.Eng. degree from Zhejiang University in P.R. China in 2012. I also had an exchange experience in University of California, Davis during academic year 2011-2012. I worked with Prof. Kent Wilken on some compiler optimization projects there.