His research interests include mainly information retrieval, natural language processing, text mining, information organization, etc. Currently, hi is particularly interested the topics as follows:
IR Group is a research group in the field of Information Retrieval. The research areas of IR Group include Information Retrieval, Natural Language Processing, Text Mining, Information Organization, etc.
- Project of the Education Ministry's Humanities and Social Science (No. 13YJA870020): Quality Evaluation and Clustering of Multilingual Social Tags (2013-2015), PI
- National Natural Science Foundation (No. 70903032): Multilingual Documents Clustering Based on Comparable Corpus (2010-1012), PI
- National Key Project of Scientific and Technical Supporting Programs funded by Ministry of Science & Technology of China: Information Service System of Scientific and Technical Documents: Key Techniques and Application Demonstration (No. 2006BAH03B02, 2006BAH03B04) (2006-2009)
- Special Foundation of China Postdoctoral Science Foundation (No. 200801105): Multilingual Domain Ontology Learning (2008-2009), PI
- China Postdoctoral Science Foundation (No. 20080430463): Key Techniques in Multilingual Domain Ontology Learning (2008-2009), PI
- Project of the Education Ministry's Humanities and Social Science (No. 08JC870007): Automatic Multilingual Domain Ontology Construction (2008-2010), PI
- Youth Research Support Fund funded by Nanjing University of Science & Technology (No. JGQN0701): Domain Ontology Learning (2007-2009), PI
- Scientific Research Foundation funded by Nanjing University of Science & Technology (No. AB41123): Key Techniques in Topic Clustering (2007-2009 ), PI
- Graduate Innovation Program of Jiangsu Province: Topic Clustering and Its Application (2006-2007), PI
- The National Philosophy and Social Sciences Fund Project (No. 02BTQ012): Automatic indexing & Classification System for Web Page Based on the Knowledge Base (2002-2004)
- Project funded by Shanghai Library: Automatic indexing & classification System for National Index to Chinese Newspapers & Periodicals (2004-2005)
- 2011 International Council for Scientific and Technical Information Annual Conference (ICSTI2011). Multilingual Concept Taxonomy Generation Based on Multilingual Terminology Clustering. 2011, 6, Beijing, China.
- The 10th Cross-straits Conference on Library and Information Science, 2010, 7, Nanjing, China.
- The 11th Chinese Lexical Semantics Workshop (CLSW2010) , 2010, 5, Suzhou, China.
- The 4th International Conference on Cooperation and Promotion of Information Resources in Science and Technology (COINFO'09). Using Topic and Sample Weighting Clustering to Detect Hotspots and Their Trend in a Special Domain, 2009, 11, Beijing, China.
- Workshop on Natural Language Processing and Ontology Engineering (NLPOE 2009) in conjunction with Conference on Web Intelligence 2009 and Intelligent Agent Technology 2009 (WI-IAT09). Extracting Chinese-English Bilingual Core Terminology from Parallel Classified Corpora in Special Domain, 2009, 9, Milan, Italy. [PPT]
- The 5th National Symposium of the Development Direction of Information Retrieval Language. Research and Practice on Method of Topic Clustering. 2009, 6, Shanghai, China.
- The 7th National Symposium of Search Engine and Web Mining (SEWM2009), Clustering Description Learning: A Comparative Study, 2009, 5, Dalian, China. [PPT]
- The 22nd International Conference on the Computer Processing of Oriental Languages (ICCPOL2009), Document Clustering Description Extraction and Its Application. 2009, 3, Hong Kong, China
- Workshop on Natural Language Processing and Ontology Engineering (NLPOE 2008) in conjunction with Conference on Web Intelligence (WI-08), Topic Digital Library Building Based on Concept Extraction. 2008, 12, Sydney, Australia. [PPT]
- The 8th Japan-China Natural Language Processing Joint Research Promotion Conference, Bilingual Terminology Extraction for Multi-lingual Ontology Learning: Method & Technology, 2008,11, Beijing, China.
- 2008 IEEE International Conference on Natural Language Processing and Knowledge Engineering (NLP-KE08), Ontology-based Genetic Clustering: Comparison of Valid Semantic Similarity Measures. 2008, 10, Beijing, China. [PPT]
- The 6th National Symposium of Search Engine and Web Mining (SEWM2008), Automatic Keyword Extraction from Documents Using Conditional Random Fields, 2008, 4, Nanchang, China. [PPT]
- The 9th Chinese Lexical Semantics Workshop (CLSW2008), Automatic Implicit Semantic Subject Extraction Based on Citation-KNN, 2008, 7, Singapore. (in Chinese with English abstract)
- The First National HowNet Workshop (NHW2008), Construction of Ontological Hierarchies for Domain Ontology, 2008, 5, Beijing, China. (in Chinese with English abstract)
- 21st International Conference on the Computer Processing of Oriental Languages (ICCPOL2006), Query Similarity Computing Based on System Similarity Measurement, 2006, 12, Singapore.
- The 9th Chinese National Conference on Computational Linguistics (CNCCL-2007), Semantic Orientation of Topics Based on Clustering Engines, 2007,8, Dalian, China. (in Chinese with English abstract)
- The 8th National Joint Symposium on Computational Linguistics (JSCL2005), Hybrid Strategy-based Similarity Measure of Query, 2005, 8, Nanjing, China. (in Chinese with English abstract)
- The First National Conference on Information Retrieval and Content Security (NCIRCS-2004), Measuring and Application of Semantic Similarity between Words, 2004, 11, Shanghai, China. (in Chinese with English abstract)
- Multilingual Domain Ontology Learning. The Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China (2010, 1).
- Topic Clustering and Its Application. Institute of Information Technology, Nanjing University (2008, 12) / Department of Information Management, Nanjing University(2009, 3) / iLab, Department of Information Management of East China Normal University (2009, 3).
- Bilingual Terminology Extraction for Multi-lingual Ontology Learning. The Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China (2008, 11).
Reviewer / PC Member
- The National Excellent Graduate Scholarship, Nanjing University, 2005.
- Second Place in Software Design area: In University Student Computer and Network Competition of Jiangsu Province, Office of Education of Jiangsu, 2001
- First Place in Area of Anhui : In 1998 China Undergraduate Mathematical Contest in Modeling (CUMCM98), China Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics, 1998
Mail: Cheng-Zhi Zhang
Department of Information Management
Nanjing University of Science & Technology
No.200 Xiaolingwei Nanjing 210094, China
E-Mail: zhangchz (at) istic.ac.cn or zhangcz (at) njust.edu.cn
Visits since 15st, May, 2010
Copyright © 2008 Chengzhi Zhang. Last-updated: 1st, Dec, 2010.