Cheng-Zhi ZHANG is currently a professor in the Department of Information Management at Nanjing University of Science and Technology
, China. From Mar. 2010 to Mar. 2011, he was a Senior Research Associate in the NLP City Research Group (led by Dr. Chunyu Kit) of Department of Chinese, Translation and Linguistics at City University of Hong Kong. From Aug. 2007 to Mar. 2010, he was a postdoctoral fellow of Laboratory for Language & Knowledge Technologies (led by Professor Huilin Wang) at The Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China. He received Ph.D. degree in information science (Supervisor was Professor Xinning Su) from Nanjing University, China, M.Sc. degree in information science (Supervisor was Professor Hanqing Hou
) from Nanjing Agricultural University, China, B.Sc. degree in dyeing & finishing engineering from Anhui Polytechnic University, China, in 2007, 2002 and 1999 respectively.
His research interests include mainly information retrieval, natural language processing, text mining, information organization, etc. Currently, hi is particularly interested the topics as follows:
IR Group is a research group in the field of Information Retrieval. The research areas of IR Group include Information Retrieval, Natural Language Processing, Text Mining, Information Organization, etc.
- Project of the Education Ministry's Humanities and Social Science (No. 13YJA870020): Quality Evaluation and Clustering of Multilingual Social Tags (2013-2015), PI
- National Natural Science Foundation (No. 70903032): Multilingual Documents Clustering Based on Comparable Corpus (2010-1012), PI
- National Key Project of Scientific and Technical Supporting Programs funded by Ministry of Science & Technology of China: Information Service System of Scientific and Technical Documents: Key Techniques and Application Demonstration (No. 2006BAH03B02, 2006BAH03B04) (2006-2009)
- Special Foundation of China Postdoctoral Science Foundation (No. 200801105): Multilingual Domain Ontology Learning (2008-2009), PI
- China Postdoctoral Science Foundation (No. 20080430463): Key Techniques in Multilingual Domain Ontology Learning (2008-2009), PI
- Project of the Education Ministry's Humanities and Social Science (No. 08JC870007): Automatic Multilingual Domain Ontology Construction (2008-2010), PI
- Youth Research Support Fund funded by Nanjing University of Science & Technology (No. JGQN0701): Domain Ontology Learning (2007-2009), PI
- Scientific Research Foundation funded by Nanjing University of Science & Technology (No. AB41123): Key Techniques in Topic Clustering (2007-2009 ), PI
- Graduate Innovation Program of Jiangsu Province: Topic Clustering and Its Application (2006-2007), PI
- The National Philosophy and Social Sciences Fund Project (No. 02BTQ012): Automatic indexing & Classification System for Web Page Based on the Knowledge Base (2002-2004)
- Project funded by Shanghai Library: Automatic indexing & classification System for National Index to Chinese Newspapers & Periodicals (2004-2005)
- 2011 International Council for Scientific and Technical Information Annual Conference (ICSTI2011). Multilingual Concept Taxonomy Generation Based on Multilingual Terminology Clustering. 2011, 6, Beijing, China.
- The 10th Cross-straits Conference on Library and Information Science, 2010, 7, Nanjing, China.
- The 11th Chinese Lexical Semantics Workshop (CLSW2010) , 2010, 5, Suzhou, China.
- The 4th International Conference on Cooperation and Promotion of Information Resources in Science and Technology (COINFO'09). Using Topic and Sample Weighting Clustering to Detect Hotspots and Their Trend in a Special Domain, 2009, 11, Beijing, China.
- Workshop on Natural Language Processing and Ontology Engineering (NLPOE 2009) in conjunction with Conference on Web Intelligence 2009 and Intelligent Agent Technology 2009 (WI-IAT09). Extracting Chinese-English Bilingual Core Terminology from Parallel Classified Corpora in Special Domain, 2009, 9, Milan, Italy. [PPT]
- The 5th National Symposium of the Development Direction of Information Retrieval Language. Research and Practice on Method of Topic Clustering. 2009, 6, Shanghai, China.
- The 7th National Symposium of Search Engine and Web Mining (SEWM2009), Clustering Description Learning: A Comparative Study, 2009, 5, Dalian, China. [PPT]
- The 22nd International Conference on the Computer Processing of Oriental Languages (ICCPOL2009), Document Clustering Description Extraction and Its Application. 2009, 3, Hong Kong, China
- Workshop on Natural Language Processing and Ontology Engineering (NLPOE 2008) in conjunction with Conference on Web Intelligence (WI-08), Topic Digital Library Building Based on Concept Extraction. 2008, 12, Sydney, Australia. [PPT]
- The 8th Japan-China Natural Language Processing Joint Research Promotion Conference, Bilingual Terminology Extraction for Multi-lingual Ontology Learning: Method & Technology, 2008,11, Beijing, China.
- 2008 IEEE International Conference on Natural Language Processing and Knowledge Engineering (NLP-KE08), Ontology-based Genetic Clustering: Comparison of Valid Semantic Similarity Measures. 2008, 10, Beijing, China. [PPT]
- The 6th National Symposium of Search Engine and Web Mining (SEWM2008), Automatic Keyword Extraction from Documents Using Conditional Random Fields, 2008, 4, Nanchang, China. [PPT]
- The 9th Chinese Lexical Semantics Workshop (CLSW2008), Automatic Implicit Semantic Subject Extraction Based on Citation-KNN, 2008, 7, Singapore. (in Chinese with English abstract)
- The First National HowNet Workshop (NHW2008), Construction of Ontological Hierarchies for Domain Ontology, 2008, 5, Beijing, China. (in Chinese with English abstract)
- 21st International Conference on the Computer Processing of Oriental Languages (ICCPOL2006), Query Similarity Computing Based on System Similarity Measurement, 2006, 12, Singapore.
- The 9th Chinese National Conference on Computational Linguistics (CNCCL-2007), Semantic Orientation of Topics Based on Clustering Engines, 2007,8, Dalian, China. (in Chinese with English abstract)
- The 8th National Joint Symposium on Computational Linguistics (JSCL2005), Hybrid Strategy-based Similarity Measure of Query, 2005, 8, Nanjing, China. (in Chinese with English abstract)
- The First National Conference on Information Retrieval and Content Security (NCIRCS-2004), Measuring and Application of Semantic Similarity between Words, 2004, 11, Shanghai, China. (in Chinese with English abstract)
- Multilingual Domain Ontology Learning. The Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China (2010, 1).
- Topic Clustering and Its Application. Institute of Information Technology, Nanjing University (2008, 12) / Department of Information Management, Nanjing University(2009, 3) / iLab, Department of Information Management of East China Normal University (2009, 3).
- Bilingual Terminology Extraction for Multi-lingual Ontology Learning. The Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China (2008, 11).
Reviewer / PC Member
- The National Excellent Graduate Scholarship, Nanjing University, 2005.
- Second Place in Software Design area: In University Student Computer and Network Competition of Jiangsu Province, Office of Education of Jiangsu, 2001
- First Place in Area of Anhui : In 1998 China Undergraduate Mathematical Contest in Modeling (CUMCM98), China Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics, 1998
Mail: Cheng-Zhi Zhang
Department of Information Management
Nanjing University of Science & Technology
No.200 Xiaolingwei Nanjing 210094, China
E-Mail: zhangchz (at) istic.ac.cn or zhangcz (at) njust.edu.cn
Visits since 15st, May, 2010
Copyright © 2008 Chengzhi Zhang. Last-updated: 1st, Dec, 2010.