For Crust and Pie filling:
1 and 1/2 cups crushed graham crackers
5 tbsp white sugar
6 tbsp unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 can (14oz) condensed milk
4 egg yolks
1/2 cup lime juice ( squeezed freshly from KEY Limes )
freshly grated zest of 3 small limes.
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, chilled
1 tbsp sugar
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degress F. Combine crushed graham crackers, metled butter and 3 tbsp sugar in a bowl and mix nicely. Then press into a 9-inch pie plate and bake in the pre-heated oven for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let it cool completely over a wire rack.
2. Lower oven to 325 degree F. In a medium bowl, gently whisk together the condensed milk, egg yolks, lime juice, 2 tbsp sugar and the zest. Pour into the prepared cooled crust.
3. Bake the pie in oven for 15-17 minutes until the center is set but still quivers when you nudge the pan.
4. Let it cool completely on wire rack and refrigerate later.
5. Right before serving, whisk the heavy cream and 1 tbsp of sugar in ur electric mixer with whisk attachment or electric hand blender until it forms soft peaks. Spread it over the cooled pie.