1 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp of all purpose flour
1 cup sugar
4 tbsp melted butter
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbs cocoa powder
1 tbsp milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a bowl, sieve together the all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
2. Using the whisk attachment of your electric mixer, beat eggs till they are fluffy. Stir in the vanilla essence.
4. Add in the sugar and butter and beat at medium speed until it’s well mixed.
5. Now change to the paddle attachment and slowly add the flour mixture and beat it on medium speed.
7. Now dip your hands in some flour (as dough will be sticky to handle) and transfer half the batter to the greased cookie sheet/baking sheet.
8. Now add the cocoa powder and 1 tbsp of milk in the rest half of the batter and mix with light hands using a spatula.
9. Transfer chocolate batter on the side of vanilla batter, overlapping it. Now shape the dough into a log of 12 inches long and approx 3 inches wide.
10. Bake in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes or until it is firm to touch. (Log will spread during baking)
11. Take it out and let it cool for 10 minutes.
12. On a cutting board cut the log crosswise on the diagonal into 3/4 inch (2 cm) slices.
11.Reduce the oven temperature to 325 degrees F. Arrange the slices on the baking sheet, cut side down and bake for 10 minutes on each side, or until they are pale golden. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool.